MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
After earning fastest knockout in UFC history, Todd Duffee focused on different record   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
ThaAxeMurderer7 » Posted 1/16/08 9:55:00PM

PORTLAND, Ore. – Six months of build-up for UFC newcomer Todd Duffee (5-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) turned into just seven seconds of work.

After signing with the UFC way back in February, Duffee had to wait until this past Saturday's UFC 102 in Portland, Ore., to make his UFC debut.

And while the 23-year-old dispatched of Tim Hague in just seven seconds – the quickest knockout in UFC history – Duffee told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that's not the record he's most concerned with.

"Yes, I'm young, but I want to build my record," Duffee said. "I want a legit record, and I want to do it at this level."

Link

Wallass » Posted 10/7/08 5:39:00PM

Give him Gonzaga!!!! Or call Herring?

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

It was a beautiful and damn near picture perfect jab that scored him the original knockdown. I'd definitely like to see more of his standup before I say "watch out for this guy" but I'm damn close to saying it already if he's throwing clean punches like that.

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

I love when guys want to fight, and want to do it the right way. Props to people like Duffee and Lashley.

Jesse_Canadian_MMA » Posted 1/11/08 5:48:00PM

that was a perfect jab, from the delivery, his angle, the footing, his chin, perfect
Yeah can't wait to this guy in a fight lol

snakeplissken » Posted 2/17/07 4:55:00PM

I hope he turns out to be a contender too, but Im worried he'll just be the next Houston Alexander...

higdon10 » Posted 7/6/07 2:00:00PM

He could be legit.

EvenFlow » Posted 11/9/08 6:40:00PM

Posted by snakeplissken

I hope he turns out to be a contender too, but Im worried he'll just be the next Houston Alexander...

Well I could see that analogy in a sense but Houston is basically a brawler where as Duffee is more of a wrestler than a striker which is hard to imagine. I think hes gonna make a big splash, but I agree its too early to tell if hes a contender.

telnights » Posted 6/21/07 4:17:00PM

Posted by Jackelope

It was a beautiful and damn near picture perfect jab that scored him the original knockdown. I'd definitely like to see more of his standup before I say "watch out for this guy" but I'm damn close to saying it already if he's throwing clean punches like that.

Yeah it was very text book jab. He looked good for the 7 sec we seen him. I think his win over Assuerio Silva was more impressive as Silva is tough as nails.

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

looked great imo.

look forward to seeing him back in action real soon

bojangalz » Posted 5/25/07 9:00:00PM

Frankly speaking, shouldn't Duane Ludwig have the fastest KO in UFC history?

The official time for his R1 TKO of Jonathan Goulet is 11 seconds, but if memory serves me right I think he floored him only a few seconds into the round and clock kept running after the ref stopped the bout.

GrandMaster313 » Posted 6/9/07 7:01:00PM

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by snakeplissken

Well I could see that analogy in a sense but Houston is basically a brawler where as Duffee is more of a wrestler than a striker which is hard to imagine. I think hes gonna make a big splash, but I agree its too early to tell if hes a contender.

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

I'm not going to jump up and down and call this guy the next big thing yet. Not trying to take anything away from Duffee, because it was a great punch, but Hauge wound up to throw a big shot and for what ever reason didn't pull the trigger and stop the punch about a 1/4 of the way leaving himself wide open to be smashed. We will have to see how he fairs agianst better compition, I look forward to seeing Duffee in the future and wish him the best.

Aether » Posted 4/26/07 1:42:00AM

For sure it's too early to tell how he's going to place in the grand scheme of things, but I love this guy's attitude. He seems highly intelligent, humble, and he has his eyes set on being the best fighter he possibly can. It's pretty rare to see someone set a world record and come out and say that he doesn't really deserve any credit or hype.

He seems to me like the kind of guy who even if he does have deficits in certain areas, will target and work on them until he's satisfied - which he won't ever be. That's the kind of fighter that improves exponentially with experience.

I'm kind of surprised that they wouldn't give KO of the night to the guy who set the UFC record, regardless of which one looked better. At least some kind of bonus, I mean if they're going to give out bonuses every card anyway, why not have a special bonus for people who break UFC records?

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

here we go again,
mma fans jumping on the band wagon!!

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]