MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Exclusive: Mir Talks the ‘Spider’s’ Challenge   [View Full Version]
jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

link

A brief break from UFC 102 coverage: last week, SportsIllustrated.com’s Josh Gross circulated a report that had Anderson Silva and management kicking around the idea of a heavyweight bout.

Their ideal opponent? Depending on how Silva decides to pack on weight, diabetes. Second choice: Frank Mir.

If that sounds like an audacious plan, Mir himself doesn’t see it that way. His theories on Silva’s pseudo-challenge and how the hypothetical fight might transpire below.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Why wouldn’t I want it? It’s not like you’re asking me to fight Miguel Torres.

I knew there would be a mentioned of Miguel in the interview...

UFC 110: Domestic Violence
Mir vs. Torres

Wolfenstein » Posted 12/13/07 3:31:00AM

Good matchmaking by Mir...Cro Cop vs Silva--now that's something I'd love to see!

Sounds like Mir vs Silva has some potential of happening. I think Mir would get crushed, but I'd tune in for it.

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

Posted by emfleek

Why wouldn’t I want it? It’s not like you’re asking me to fight Miguel Torres.

I knew there would be a mentioned of Miguel in the interview...

UFC 110: Domestic Violence
Mir vs. Torres

mir is the only guy on the planet with a bigger man-crush on torres than you fleek

941_Florida_Boy » Posted 5/17/09 9:17:00AM

Mir would probably get KO'ed by Silva quick, but Silva vs Cain would be a fight to see.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Posted by cowcatcher

mir is the only guy on the planet with a bigger man-crush on torres than you fleek

The mullet gives me butterflies in the stomach!

loller90278 » Posted 1/16/07 3:05:00PM

doesnt he realize anderson wants to fight him not because of his lack of wrestling, but for his win over big nog ?

burialchamber » Posted 11/13/08 1:16:00PM

Yeah, I was surprised Mir didn't mention anything about Nog in that interview. I did really like his answer about how it makes sense to him on a personal level to fight Anderson, even if it wouldn't be a smart career move. I'd be very interested to see this fight happen.

SpiderSilva » Posted 7/10/07 6:44:00PM

Let's face it there are only 2 guys Anderson should be fighting at HW Brock and Fedor no one else stands a chance

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Let's face it there are only 2 guys Anderson should be fighting at HW Brock and Fedor no one else stands a chance

I don't see why you would say that? Brock would GNP him and..... Ok I can see the Fedor fight.

Daze » Posted 2/6/09 3:35:00PM

Frank Mirs only chance is to take the fight down, I still cannot believe he said he would stand with Silva.

Hendo67 » Posted 11/18/08 1:59:00PM

Anderson vs Cro-Cop, no offense to Mir, but he's made to fit into Andersons game...which is why the UFC NEEDS to stop feeding Anderson guys who he has a good chance in beating.

Give him CC, then lets see what happens.

GlancyMMA » Posted 3/5/07 12:16:00PM

What is with all the no-faith Mir comments???

Mir is a top contender in the Heavyweight division. He is one of the most intelligent ,strategic fighters out there. He is fast (for a heavyweight) and although Silva would DEFINITELY have the speed and reach advantage I think Mir would overwhelm Silva taking him to the cage and use his size advantage and superior BJJ skills to submit the Middleweight/LHW phenom.

Does nobody else see Mir pulling out the W here?? am I crazy?

[View Full Version of this Page]