MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Brett Rogers: When I Beat Fedor, I'll Become the God of MMA   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

What Brett Rogers lacks in MMA experience, he certainly makes up for in confidence. The 10-0 heavyweight, who recently agreed to fight Fedor Emelianenko later this fall, has never been shy about telling the world how good he is. When he meets one of the best fighters in the world on Showtime, he will have the opportunity to show them.

FanHouse spoke to Rogers on Thursday about this opportunity of a lifetime and how he plans on defeating Emelianenko. The full interview is below.

Ariel Helwani: When we spoke two weeks ago in San Jose, you said you wanted to get paid what you thought you deserved if you fought Fedor Emelianenko. So now that the fight has been booked, are you happy with your purse?

Brett Rogers: I could be a little happier; I always can be a little happier, right? I mean, but it's good. I can't complain.

INTERVIEW

loller90278 » Posted 1/16/07 3:05:00PM

If you beat Fedor, that will probably go down as one of the biggest ...

I'm God then. I'm the God of MMA. I'll become the God of MMA, right? Isn't that how it goes? I'm the soul snatcher; I'm the grim. I'll take all his wins and put them under my belt, and then everybody can just hush up.

oh man Rogers is quickly becoming one of my fav fighter personalities

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Love the guy's confidence....hate his chances. If he losses I'd be pissed if they cut him, I would hope that they gave him a more even fight if he lost to Fedor (which he probably will).

XblacksheepX » Posted 5/6/07 6:11:00PM

problem is, he has nothing more than a punchers chance.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

AHHAHAHAH

Jesse_Canadian_MMA » Posted 1/11/08 5:48:00PM

that punchers chance was working out pretty good for arlovski until he went in for a flying whatever ...
Rodgers stays on his feet and boxes he may win this

Aether » Posted 4/26/07 1:42:00AM

Posted by Jesse_Canadian_MMA

that punchers chance was working out pretty good for arlovski until he went in for a flying whatever ...

I guess it didn't work very well at all actually since he was unconscious 3 minutes into the fight.

I am so blown away at how people cling to this notion that arlovski getting KOed halfway through the first round somehow equals Fedor being dominated.

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

Posted by Aether

Posted by Jesse_Canadian_MMA

I guess it didn't work very well at all actually since he was unconscious 3 minutes into the fight.

I am so blown away at how people cling to this notion that arlovski getting KOed halfway through the first round somehow equals Fedor being dominated.

but i can see where people thought that AA was winning the standup.for however short it was.fedor was getting tagged.but dominated? no...look who got ktfo

The_Metal_Maniac » Posted 1/21/07 10:08:00PM

I honestly hope Rogers beats Fedor. Then I hope Dana signs Rogers to the UFC. Anything that makes Fedors management team feels foolish.

xdanish020 » Posted 9/22/08 2:18:00AM

Rogers by TKO lol

Gogoplatapus » Posted 7/24/09 6:01:00PM

Fedor isn't losing this fight and none of the crazy scenarios you are suggesting will happen.

The better question is who's next, after Rogers.

Jesse_Canadian_MMA » Posted 1/11/08 5:48:00PM

I mean I figure Fedor to win and Arlovski wasn't dominating but was def... winning the stand up for sure regardless of how short the fight was. I picked fedor to beat arlovski too
just saying Rodgers isn't likely to go for any flying anything so one on one boxing is what is left if fedor can't or doesnt try to get it to the ground and thats Rodgers best chance.

king_katool » Posted 3/8/08 3:32:00PM

fedor by ripping rogers arm off and beating him into submission with it RD1 1:00

but seriously fedor by rd1 armbar or kimura

Irish_Pride » Posted 7/12/09 7:13:00PM

Well, atleast he is confident lol. He still has a chance, he hits hard. There is a chance of him catching Fedor with a perfect punch and knocking him out, I don't see it happening but you can't count him out. IMO, eventually this fight is going on the ground and when it does it's just a matter of time before Fedor submits Rogers.

crushedbacon » Posted 6/11/07 6:31:00PM

When Fedor pulls his arm damn near clean off his body, he'll be going back to changing tires....remember its just Brett Rogers, granted solid HW but he's in like 9 leagues over his head in this one.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]