MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > General MMA Talk
Strikeforce Targeting Robbie Lawler vs. Ronaldo Souza in Fall   [View Full Version]
postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Strikeforce is looking to book a middleweight match-up between Robbie Lawler and Ronaldo Souza for the same card that will feature the Fedor Emelianenko vs. Brett Rogers bout later this year on Showtime. Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker informed FanHouse of the news at the Emelianenko public workout at the FightHouse gym in New York City on Wednesday.

Fanhouse

AchillesHeel » Posted 2/3/07 10:04:00AM

Good matchup, I think. I'll have to be pulling for Jacare, since I want to see him get the winner of Shields & Mayhem.

Irish_Pride » Posted 7/12/09 7:13:00PM

This is a pretty interesting fight. Lawler's a pretty good fighter but Shields submitted him pretty quickly. I think Jacare can probably do the same. I think sooner or later on the fight Jacare will catch him in some submission.

IriShame » Posted 3/25/08 7:48:00PM

Come on. I'm just not interested in watching such a stark contrast in styles since we basically saw a similar fight with Lawler against Shields so recently. Lawler vs. Manhoef! Soon. Please.

TimW001 » Posted 3/30/07 6:31:00PM

Robbie fighting another JJ ace? Why not.

sclasclemski » Posted 3/28/09 12:47:00PM

they are doing a good job of putting together good matchups with what they have to work with...this is a good fight...I'd like to see Scott Smith back in action soon.

Bowen50 » Posted 6/21/07 12:42:00PM

we all saw what Jake Shields did to Lawler i can't even imagine what Jacare is going to to do him.

Jacare Round 1 Flying Triangle!!!!!

Nightmare27 » Posted 1/22/07 8:46:00PM

This is not a good match up for Lawler. He looked bad against Shields and Jacare has a better BJJ game. Winner should fight the winner of Mayhem vs Shields, I doubt Le will be back by then.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Robbie vs Melvin is a much better match up IMO too, however this does give him a chance to regain his status and maybe if he wins he will be able to say it was a fluke and gain a rematch? I know I am stretching.............Jacare R1 Sub.

NatedawgThaM » Posted 6/25/07 5:46:00PM

Definitely dont be writing off Lawler at all. Anybody whos seen Jacare fight knows how great he is but his chin is still a little suspect. I mean im not saying its weak its just hes been KO'd twice, and Lawler does have some pretty decent takedown defense and Lawler is one of the hardest hitters at 185 so Lawler could deifnitely put him to sleep at anytime as could Jacare in vice versa with a decision so I love this fight. Great middleweight match making by strikeforce putting on some sicks fights outside the UFCs middleweight division keeping things exciting. I could see this being a war but mostly likely its a fast paced bout the ends early sometime in the 1st.

Love watching both these guys. Wish they could both win since im big fans of both but i'll go with my brain and say Jacare chokes him outs like most the other opinions on here but i definitely won't count out Lawler. I definitely wouldnt be surprised if he pulled the upset devastating KO. Love this fight great job strikeforce!

higdon10 » Posted 7/6/07 2:00:00PM

Sick matchup

pv3Hpv3p » Posted 1/24/07 6:08:00PM

I'll happily watch the fight, but they should be matching Lawler up with guys that like to bang... I would have rather seen a Diaz rematch or a Cung Le fight... But Jacare is a beast, so I'll never complain about seeing him on american TV

deezyo » Posted 5/3/07 1:35:00PM

nice matchup

[View Full Version of this Page]