MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Paul Buentello Plots Next Move   [View Full Version]
emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Paul Buentello is a man in limbo.

After his fight against Gilbert Yvel was scrapped along with the entire Affliction promotion, "The Headhunter" is one of the few fighters from the "Trilogy" card who has yet to land with a new promotion. FanHouse spoke to the 12-year veteran at the American Kickboxing Academy in San Jose about where and when he hopes to fight next. Check out the full video interview below.

STORY

jahdoug » Posted 6/22/07 12:02:00PM

Always exciting, i hope he gets a good matchup, the best would have been Gilbert Yvel then winner vs Overeem, pending all the Fedor stuff.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

I would like to see him back in the UFC but my guess is he is going to SF.

Shadymlm » Posted 6/23/09 1:00:00AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I would like to see him back in the UFC but my guess is he is going to SF.

I have to disagree, I think UFC will pick him up, not because they need or want him but just so SF doesn't have him. look for UFC to play a lot of chess while SF plays checkers IE little NOG

sclasclemski » Posted 3/28/09 12:47:00PM

I think he would help Strikeforces roster out a good deal but I definitely see the UFC snatching him up just because...although you would think that by now a deal would at least be rumored (like Lil Nog, and Yvel)

whardin19 » Posted 7/25/07 9:08:00PM

I'm not sure where Buentello will go. I hope he goes to either SF or over to Dream. The UFC just doesn't need him at the moment. Wherever he goes though I hope that promotion picks up Yvel too. Because I was so waiting for that fight. That would have been a war!

[View Full Version of this Page]