MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Georges St. Pierre Likely to Defend His UFC Title Against Winner of Mike Swick/Martin Kampmann in 2010   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

lilnk

While no bout has yet been officially offered to St. Pierre, last month, UFC President Dana White announced that the winner of Sept. 19's UFC 103 matchup between Mike Swick and Martin Kampmann would be his next opponent. Given the rest time necessary for the winner of that contest coupled with St. Pierre's preference for a nine-week camp, it's likely that his next title defense will come in the early weeks of 2010

RandyCouture » Posted 8/19/07 1:06:00PM

LAme

mentalcase » Posted 1/23/08 2:35:00AM

thats too long await it should be set up for UFC 107 December 12 on the same card as rampage vs evans for the end of year mega card

It goes to show you that at least GSP and UFC agree that he needs to meet his obligations to the fans and the rest of the fighters in the WW Div though. Much better than all the rumors swirling around another UFC Champ.

PS: FYI it says he is likely to have the fight in Janurary 2010...you have to link to the "fanhouse".

Greene33 » Posted 1/24/07 6:13:00PM

Posted by jae_1833

It goes to show you that at least GSP and UFC agree that he needs to meet his obligations to the fans and the rest of the fighters in the WW Div though. Much better than all the rumors swirling around another UFC Champ.

PS: FYI it says he is likely to have the fight in Janurary 2010...you have to link to the "fanhouse".

I will take a guy that wants to move up and challenge himself over a champ that wants to be boring and meet obligations in a division he has essentially wiped out almost twice now. GSP vs Swick/Kampmann? I will take exciting fights over boring obligations any day of the week.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

the jan 2nd fight in vegas is looking more likely to happen my best bet is year end card gives 3 plus months for swick/kammpman to train
good time

Sir_Karl » Posted 9/7/07 9:27:00PM

I really hope Kampmann beats Swick...I don't think it is going to happen though.
It doesn't matter...GSP will wipe them both....but I really want to see GSP put Swick away quick and hard.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

I think Swick has the better shot at beating GSP than Kampmann. But GSP will prolly just do what he did to alves and fitch for 5 rounds.

I think GSP can actually finish Swick rather definatively, Kampmann has a better chance to last the full 5 IMO. I can't see either one of them putting George in a dangerous spot though, still I'd rather see him fight in his div (where him winning is predictable) then play games like Silva and us never even knowing when/if he is going to fight in his division or any others for that manner. Call it boring if that's how you see it, at least you get to see it.

TimW001 » Posted 3/30/07 6:31:00PM

I think if Kampaman and Swick switched each round for five rounds against GSP, they still wouldn't win.

dmfp » Posted 6/13/07 7:59:00AM

Posted by TimW001

I think if Kampaman and Swick switched each round for five rounds against GSP, they still wouldn't win.

shevtheman » Posted 2/8/07 11:25:00AM

Neither of these two present any challenge for GSP, i think he's gone past the point of cementing his legacy in WW division. If he really wants a test he needs to move up to MW where he would possibly be one of the smaller fighters but could prove (like Anderson) that his skill and technique are what have been winning him his fights rather than brute strength, power and size.

finnish_line » Posted 8/16/07 8:54:00AM

If Swick wins he'll be 10-1 in the UFC and 15-2 overall. The competition hasn't been the best, but you still have to reward that with a title shot, even if he'll be a big underdog.

SamPan » Posted 2/17/09 12:13:00AM

Im much more excited to see Swick fight Kampmann than the winner take on GSP. I don't like GSP but he'll beat either decisively, especially Kampmann.

Shadymlm » Posted 6/23/09 1:00:00AM

Posted by Greene33

Posted by jae_1833

I will take a guy that wants to move up and challenge himself over a champ that wants to be boring and meet obligations in a division he has essentially wiped out almost twice now. GSP vs Swick/Kampmann? I will take exciting fights over boring obligations any day of the week.

GSP needs to move up and fight someone who actually has a chance to beat him. I would much rather see him fight a mid to top tier MW then defend his title against a WW who is #contender by default. I'm paying $55 I wanna see the best fighters fight the best and most intriguing fights, and sometimes those fights aren't for the title.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]