MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC 100 replay outdraws MLB, PGA and ‘Carano vs Cyborg’   [View Full Version]
SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) once again countered live programming from a competing mixed martial arts promotion when it aired selected fights from UFC 100 on Spike TV last Saturday (Aug. 15 at 10 p.m. ET) — directly opposite the Strikeforce: “Carano vs Cyborg” event that aired live on Showtime.

The replay, headlined by the UFC heavyweight championship unification bout between Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir, drew a whopping two million viewers for a 1.8 rating in men 18-34, a 1.7 rating in men 18-49 and a 1.5 household rating.

The Showtime broadcast of Strikeforce: “Carano vs. Cyborg,” in comparison, averaged 576,000 viewers, with 856,000 tuning in for the night’s main event.

However, it isn’t exactly a level playing field, as Spike TV is a basic cable station available in approximately 98 million homes. Showtime, on the other hand, is a subscription-based premium cable channel that has approximately 21 million subscribers.

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

bootyclause » Posted 7/26/07 9:02:00PM

its deceptive to say it got better ratings than the golf or MLB.....that is just in the young male category. It beat the showtime outright...also deceptive cuz the majority of people dont even get that channel.

The golf on the next day got around 8 million viewers and peaked around 12 or 13 million as the final round ended. I dont know about the Saturday ratings but it really doesnt have that much to do with anything.

EliasG » Posted 10/20/07 12:55:00AM

Yeah kind of silly. It's Showtime. Showtime doesn't have as many viewers as Spike. Spike is free or at least a part of basic cable (which most people have).

If I didn't have Showtime I would have watched the replay too. But I have showtime so there was no way i was watching a replay.

Now, if a CBS show went up against a SPIKE show, then yeah that would be impressive if the SPIKE show won by a lot.

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

Posted by bootyclause

..also deceptive cuz the majority of people dont even get that channel.

i believe four do according to data ive gathered listening to dana white

mentalcase » Posted 1/23/08 2:35:00AM

i hope Fedor and Mousasi enjoy earning jack ****, so they come to the UFC

ether that or strike force will go bankrupt, how can they pay fedor the type of money he wants with these kind of numbers of viewers

xdanish020 » Posted 9/22/08 2:18:00AM

Regardless, Dana is laughing to himself right now because that replay did the job.

telnights » Posted 6/21/07 4:17:00PM

Well cant say I'm shocked it network TV vs Pay channel free TV will win all day long. But this wasn't for that reason it was to pull your avg fan from StrikeForce which it seams to have done.

Shadymlm » Posted 6/23/09 1:00:00AM

Good I love it I hope UFC keeps countering strikeforce I hope next time it's a live event on Spike TV for a title or atleast a big name fight, whatever it take's to bury strikeforce and make Fedor fight the best and either A: prove me wrong that he's not just a can crusher or B: prove me right so I can smile and talk mad $*** to all the Afredor nut huggers I know. The best part about it is, when Strikeforce does go under Afredor is gonna get a hell of a lot less then he would have if he wouldve just signed a few weeks ago I Bleepin LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

[View Full Version of this Page]