MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
MATT SERRA NOT RETIRED, WANTS HUGHES REMATCH   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Former Ultimate Fighting Championship welterweight titleholder Matt Serra wants a rematch with Matt Hughes and fights against opponents with names cemented in the industry.

"I had a talk with Joe Silva (UFC matchmaker) and we talked about some interesting things," Serra told MMAWeekly.com recently. "I was definitely first pushing for a rematch. That would be ideal for me. I'd love to fight Matt Hughes again. I told him, 'look man, you've already got the name for it, “Unfinished Business.” There you go.'

STORY

Jimbo » Posted 4/18/07 11:22:00PM

the thing is though, their business is finished, Hughes dominated Serra and he cant come to grips with that.

kinda pathetic saying they have unfinished business IMO

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Posted by Jimbo

the thing is though, their business is finished, Hughes dominated Serra and he cant come to grips with that.

Whether there's unfinished business is debatable, but Hughes in no way dominated Serra.

Posted by grappler0000

Whether there's unfinished business is debatable, but Hughes in no way dominated Serra.

My thoughts exactly.

mentalcase » Posted 1/23/08 2:35:00AM

i want to see serra Vs trigg or baroni

Jesse_Canadian_MMA » Posted 1/11/08 5:48:00PM

not interested in a rematch, it took long enought for them to get it over with the 1st time

Stills79 » Posted 7/6/07 7:58:00PM

Posted by Jimbo

What fight did you watch? I saw Hughes get take down after take down and do NOTHING with them. Serra caused the most damage, came closest to finishing the fight (twice). Hughes did nothing but hold his position while Serra attempted sub after sub and almost caught him at the end. Serra was robbed of that decision and I would be very interested in seeing a rematch.

Nightmare27 » Posted 1/22/07 8:46:00PM

I also thought that Serra won the first and third rounds but I dont really care to see a rematch. There was an awful lot of build up for that fight and it didnt really deliver. There has to be more interesting matchups out there for either of them. Plus I bet they're gonna set up Hughes vs Hallman 3.

KaibaThedon » Posted 3/25/09 9:45:00PM

I scored it 29-28 for Hughes like the 3 judges, but it was very close, and I wouldn't say Serra was dominated.

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

Aether » Posted 4/26/07 1:42:00AM

the only damage that serra did was off of an accidental headbutt in the first round, and even with hughes half conscious from an illegal strike he was still unable to do anything with it.

Maybe Hughes didn't "dominate" him, but he beat him pretty clearly and decisively. It's not new to see Hughes take someone down and not damage them, that's what he always does.

Khaos » Posted 6/27/07 8:20:00PM

I'd rather not see a rematch, but they could have Hughes vs Hallman 3 and Serra vs GSP vs Serra 3, and call it "Unfinished Business", though they'd be stealing the name of UFC 49.

Mayhem13 » Posted 6/28/07 1:10:00AM

Posted by Khaos
Serra vs GSP vs Serra

Great idea! I agree.

2 on 1 fight. Brothers Nicky and Matt vs St. Pierre....sounds fair enough to me.

Posted by Mayhem13

Posted by Khaos
Serra vs GSP vs Serra

Great idea! I agree.

2 on 1 fight. Brothers Nicky and Matt vs St. Pierre....sounds fair enough to me.

GSP wins via GnPx2

Aaronno9 » Posted 10/10/07 2:09:00PM

No point in this fight. Even after having Hughes totally rocked (with a headbutt, for the record) he couldnt finish, and got pretty much dominated for the final two rounds. I even think Hughes was having the better of the stand up, even if he was only throwing jabs.

GSPCanada » Posted 3/15/08 9:03:00PM

serra needs to make the drop down to lightweight where he belongs.

the welterweight run is done, hughes won that fight plain and simple, if u take away the headbutt hughes wins all 3 rounds. none of those submissions were close to being finsihed

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]