MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Gegard Mousasi performs well under pressure   [View Full Version]
SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

There was some pressure coming into the fight because it was my first fight in the US, but I trained hard for it and I was very comfortable and confident in the ring. I wanted to fight stand-up with him but I knew he would go for the clinch. I didn’t want to give him any advantage so I knew when I could take him down, I would, [and] I had the chance so I took it. After 1-2 rights I felt he was a little bit dizzy, so I gave him some more — for better results.”

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Jesse_Canadian_MMA » Posted 1/11/08 5:48:00PM

Mousasi is awesome

SpiderSilva » Posted 7/10/07 6:44:00PM

I will say I thought babalu was gonna teach mousasi a thing or 2 last night but all I can say is wow I am now a fan of this guy and I pick him to win the super hulk tourny

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

DaMaGeInC » Posted 6/2/07 3:04:00AM

i want this guy in the ufc asap the super hulk tourney is a joke anything that lets jose canseco fight in drops a level or 2. he will dismantle Sokoudjou. for him to beat Sokoudjou survive the berrage at the begining and you see his self confidence sail away. 2nd round submission Mousasi

nickcuc547 » Posted 1/27/07 12:52:00PM

Posted by DaMaGeInC

i want this guy in the ufc asap the super hulk tourney is a joke anything that lets jose canseco fight in drops a level or 2. he will dismantle Sokoudjou. for him to beat Sokoudjou survive the berrage at the begining and you see his self confidence sail away. 2nd round submission Mousasi

ya i had babalu and soko, you can bet that soko pick was changed pretty quickly. thought both guys were going to be bigger and i thought babalu had superior jiu jtisu, mousasi is a force and just moved into my pound for pound rankings. would love to see him in the ufc, mousasi vs. anderson could be a matchup of the two best mw right now, or maybe even two of the top 5 lhw.

supatolacyl » Posted 8/23/07 8:14:00AM

I thought it was rather funny, that the announcers were so surprised at Gegard's performance. He has been eliminating people with quite handly for several years now. Mousasi is a very exceptional fighter and has been dispatching of fighters from MW to HW. Mousasi has shown to have the whole package, from takedowns, ground N pound, submissions and KO power while standing. I believe he will run through the competition at Strikeforce prett easily, minus there new addition Fedor, but even that fight could shape up to be pretty decent.

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

Posted by supatolacyl

I thought it was rather funny, that the announcers were so surprised at Gegard's performance. He has been eliminating people with quite handly for several years now. Mousasi is a very exceptional fighter and has been dispatching of fighters from MW to HW. Mousasi has shown to have the whole package, from takedowns, ground N pound, submissions and KO power while standing. I believe he will run through the competition at Strikeforce prett easily, minus there new addition Fedor, but even that fight could shape up to be pretty decent.

Mousasi has been MMA's best kept secret for the past 2 years or so.
Glad he's starting to finaly get recognition.

GrandMaster313 » Posted 6/9/07 7:01:00PM

Very impressive. Did u see the look on Babalu's face after Big John stopped the fight ???? CLASSIC!!!

TimW001 » Posted 3/30/07 6:31:00PM

Believe it or not, this guy is 24 years old.

[View Full Version of this Page]