MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
After Title Defense, 'Babalu' Sobral Wants Fedor Emelianenko Rematch   [View Full Version]
emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

It seems as though we've been talking about Renato Sobral vs. Gegard Mousasi for quite some time now. Of course, both men were supposed to fight on the ill-fated "Affliction: Trilogy" card. Instead, the bout was moved to this Saturday's Strikeforce event on Showtime, where "Babalu" will defend his light heavyweight title against the up-and-coming Mousasi.

STORY

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

I wouldn't mind seeing that fight I just hope it goes to the ground and we get to see 2 of the best try to break each others arm.

Fahrenheit1221 » Posted 4/23/07 12:00:00PM

Fedor would probably win a bit more decisively but it would be a helluva lot better than watching Fedor fight Ricco Rodriguez.

D0wnUnd6e6r » Posted 9/13/07 5:12:00PM

I don't even think babalu's gonna successfully defend his title... he should be focusing more on his defense attempt than his "eventual" fight vs Fedor.

sclasclemski » Posted 3/28/09 12:47:00PM

I agree I don't see hime getting past Moussasi

Aether » Posted 4/26/07 1:42:00AM

I'm sure if you lost to Fedor when he was considered a nobody, now that he's 20 times better than he was you're probably not going to do so well.

Worry about the rematch with Mousassi after he takes your belt lol.

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

haha.i actually laughed when i read the thread title.

i dont see sobral getting passed the first round.
fedor is more than capable of handling him on the ground.and has far superior striking

teddythetuna » Posted 1/16/07 5:06:00PM

Despite what everyone has said he is one of the baddest dudes out there who will fight anyone, anytime, anywhere and i love him for that.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Ughhh....you've got to be kidding me. I am obviously a huge Babalu fan and I full blown cringed when I saw this! I think he will have a hard time with Gegard, but I see him pulling off a victory. Fedor though would KO Babalu in the first. "And the truth shall set you free"

EliasG » Posted 10/20/07 12:55:00AM

i guess not so much now...

Gogoplatapus » Posted 7/24/09 6:01:00PM

dude.....

[View Full Version of this Page]