MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
BJ Penn wants Diego Sanchez sooner rather than later   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

“It’s gonna happen, hopefully within the next two, two-and-a-half months. I’m 30 now and I’m hoping to get a couple of more fights in. I know they say that in MMA, people peak later, but who knows? My whole career, fighting from age 20 to 30, I’ve gotten into real good shape and gotten out of shape and started getting back into shape again. I don’t want to do that anymore. Here I am. I’m in shape. I want to have fun for a couple of days, take some time off, eat some good food, and then I want to get right back into all that stuff…. [Diego is] really good; he’s really explosive. He’s shown that he has some knockout power and he’s a very good grappler. He’s very hungry; he’s shown that he wants to be a champion someday. This is an important fight…. I’d like to get a fight with St. Pierre again, but now that Diego Sanchez is next, once we get the word from Dana White, that’s what we’re gonna be thinkin’ about.”

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

This should be a great fight. The one thing that sucks is the fact that I will have no rooting interest whatsoever...not a fan (at all) of either guy.

sexynick » Posted 5/10/09 4:24:00PM

im gona root for the guy who doesnt try to get his mummy involded when he loses. but yer i dont much care for sanchez eaither...

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

Obviously I'm pulling for Diego. Then he has to "Super Hulk Up" during his octagon entry.

Rush » Posted 1/31/07 10:42:00PM

Posted by emfleek

This should be a great fight. The one thing that sucks is the fact that I will have no rooting interest whatsoever...not a fan (at all) of either guy.

Ditto for me. However, I try to look on the bright side and enjoy it when one of the loses, rather than the fact that one of them wins.

SamPan » Posted 2/17/09 12:13:00AM

Diego will be harder than Florian. He'll dictate the pace. It'll probably go to a decision since Sanchez hasnt finished a fight yet in lightweight but has never been finished himself. I see Sanchez UD.

mentalcase » Posted 1/23/08 2:35:00AM

i hope they set it for ufc 103

SamPan » Posted 2/17/09 12:13:00AM

Doubt it will. They already have 6 fights worthy of being on a main card.

1daveufc » Posted 12/28/08 12:59:00PM

Posted by mentalcase

i hope they set it for ufc 103

Well i hope it will be 105 manchester,england . I was there when BJ won the belt and a wud like to see him fight again.I like sanchez to probs my 2 favorite LW am not sure if sanchez wud fight him in england. He wud not fight alves when they where supposed to fight over here because he did not want to fight out side the states.fingers crossed.

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by emfleek

Ditto for me. However, I try to look on the bright side and enjoy it when one of the loses, rather than the fact that one of them wins.

Lokk at it this way its going to be one of the best fights of the year IMO and without a rooting intrest you will catch every little thing BOTH guys are doing right or wrong in the fight. I love when I can step back and openly pick apart a fight. Its hard to do when its one of your fav fighters out there.

KaibaThedon » Posted 3/25/09 9:45:00PM

He wants to fight GSP a third time? It's gonna be like Shamrock/Ortiz hahah! 0/3

WE WILL WE WILL ROCK YOU
YES!
*dooot doot*
YES!

YES!

WE WILL WE WILL ROCK YOU!
YES!
doot doot

YES!

doot doot

YES!

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

whardin19 » Posted 7/25/07 9:08:00PM

I hope this is sooner rather than later also. This is the title fight I really want to see more than any other I've heard or have be rumored. I think Diego is about the only man in the LW divison that can beat Penn. He can push the pace get BJ up against the cage and take him down and we all know judges give everything to the guy on top. I can definetally see Diego by UD here.

GrandMaster313 » Posted 6/9/07 7:01:00PM

Yeeees!!!.........................................Yeeees!!!................................Yeeees!!!

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

I'd like to see this fight as well, Diego did beat both Stevenson and Guida so I think he may have just done the bare minimum in the division to rate a fight. I think that to be fair though he should have to defeat at least one more top fighter in his division to earn that #1 spot.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

it would be nice if it were on england card on spike tv for free in nov either that or nov in vegas i am hoping jan 2nd card i wanna see penn fight live once!!

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]