MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Tamdan McCrory released by UFC   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

This one gets a big WTF from me.

Tamdan McCrory has been let go by the UFC following a split decision defeat at the hands of John Howard at UFC 101.

Apparently a representative of “The Barn Cat” was notified of the release by UFC matchmaker Joe Silva sometime Monday evening according to a recent report on the Underground News.

McCrory earned a reputation as a tougher than nails, well rounded mixed martial artist during his time with the UFC where he put together a respectable record of 3-3 while compiling wins over the likes of Pete Spratt and Luke Cummo, and dropping bouts to Akihiro Gono and Dustin Hazelett.

LINK

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

On a sidenote, McCrory vs. Diaz is a fight I'd like to see in Strikeforces tiny WW division.

Jimbo » Posted 4/18/07 11:22:00PM

this also gets a WTF from me as well.

I liked McCrory, mostly because he came out to CKY song lol

hippysmacker » Posted 1/15/07 9:10:00PM

I don't see the sense in this. Maybe there is something we don't know behind the scenes,but he seemed to put up a good fight whenever I saw him.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

mentalcase » Posted 1/23/08 2:35:00AM

lets face it UFCs WW division is staked if he wanted to keep his spot all he had to do is beat John Howard, everyone's here seems to think he got hard done by, the UFC didn't throw him to the wolves he lost to a fellow up and comer so it seems fair to me

Khaos » Posted 6/27/07 8:20:00PM

A little up set by the news, but it's understandable.

gabe531 » Posted 6/2/07 12:26:00PM

RETARDED!! the guy is 22-23 years old, his best days are ahead of him and he is moving to 185 where the ufc could still use some good fighters. i cant understand why they would want a guy to reach his potential in another org when he is a good fighter and exciting fighter already

xdanish020 » Posted 9/22/08 2:18:00AM

He's like .500 in the ufc I believe, maybe even less than .500 and has lost to guys who aren't even top fighters....makes sense.

Menard_StC » Posted 1/24/07 7:02:00PM

He'll be back i'm sure, after a couple wins in other orgs.

bootyclause » Posted 7/26/07 9:02:00PM

I like that they keep the divisions churning. In quick math - theres only an average of 2 fights per division per card and only 15-20 cards per year. So if you have 20 guys signed to a division there's just barely enough fights to be had to stay active and have 3-4 fights a year. If a guy is only .500 vs the lower half of a division then you cant keep giving him a spot on cards that can be used by other new prospects or at least more popular veterans.

Also, if you're not a box office draw then you better win more than you lose if you wanna stick around.

SeanMcD » Posted 7/16/07 3:25:00PM

I like McCrory, its unfortunate he got cut but he will probably be back.

Tamdan has said his last fight was most likely his last @ 170. He hit a growth spurt and the weight cut was more difficult so he intends to move up to 185.

As much as i enjoy watching his fights I don't think he would do very well jumping up a weight class within the UFC right now. He will probably be a smallish 185er for his first few fights and who knows how the new weight will affect his game.
He finished 170 with a 3-3 record, respectable but it doesn't make me like his chances against the bigger 185 opponents who are already used to that weight.

Even though it sucks to get cut I'm sure he will get picked up quick. He'll get acclimated to the new weight in a smaller org pick up a few wins and be back in the UFC by 2011.

nickcuc547 » Posted 1/27/07 12:52:00PM

maybe a little premature, but come on, does anybody think mccrory was going to make a run at the title any time soon. this could actually be the best thing to happen to mccrory, he can't hang with the top tier of welterweights in the ufc so he can go see how he does against the next tier down, if he can hang there the ufc will bring the kid back. but right now he is only going to be beating cans in the ufc for the next two years, now he could get a chance to fight some bigger name fighters.

ncordless » Posted 4/8/07 11:09:00PM

I don't have a problem with it. Tamdan has some potential. Releasing him allows him to fight more often and polish his game. It is obvious that right now he is not good enough to reach the upper end of 170. In the UFC he is only getting two fights a year. He will be able to fight at least 3-4 times at the lower orgs. Hopefully, with some more seasoning we will see him back in the UFC in a couple years.

KaibaThedon » Posted 3/25/09 9:45:00PM

Good Luck Barncat!

Hope to see him in the UFC again soon... after he racks up a few more wins, he should be allowed back in.

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

xtra_chewy » Posted 5/17/07 3:16:00AM

Posted by Kpro

On a sidenote, McCrory vs. Diaz is a fight I'd like to see in Strikeforces tiny WW division.

Word to that brother. I'll also give a big WTF.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]