MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
STRIKEFORCE: CSAC OKAYS JESSE TAYLOR TO REPLACE DIAZ   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

The California State Athletic Commission has approved Team Quest standout and “Ultimate Fighter” season 8 cast member Jesse Taylor to face Jay Hieron on Aug. 15 at Strikeforce “Carano vs Cyborg.”

CSAC Assistant Executive Officer Bill Douglas informed MMWeekly.com of the development Monday afternoon.

STORY

Question...

Since Diaz failed to show up for a drug test, will the CSAC consider that to be an automatic positive test, meaning he could still have his license suspended?

SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

Wow that card just got a hell of a lot less interesting!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Posted by SmileR

It's not a guarantee just yet. Apparently Diaz has until 3PM PST to take the test.

LINK

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by SmileR

It's not a guarantee just yet. Apparently Diaz has until 3PM PST to take the test.

LINK

I've heard they've extended the deadline until 4:20 PST.

Posted by Kpro

I've heard they've extended the deadline until 4:20 PST.

They may want to extend THAT deadline, as well. Something tells me he'll be busy around then.

Irish_Pride » Posted 7/12/09 7:13:00PM

Let's hope he makes the deadline. Diaz vs Hieron just seems much more of an exciting fight than Taylor vs Hieron.

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

I didn't catch that till I read your post. I think Jesse Taylor makes that fight more intersting I think Diaz was going to have a pretty easy fight now it should be competive.

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

I don't know about you guys, but I'm gaining a lot of respect for Taylor.

Nightmare27 » Posted 1/22/07 8:46:00PM

If Diaz isnt in the fight I dont think that it should be for the title. It sucks for Hieron it that ends up being the case though.

nickcuc547 » Posted 1/27/07 12:52:00PM

Posted by Irish_Pride

Let's hope he makes the deadline. Diaz vs Hieron just seems much more of an exciting fight than Taylor vs Hieron.

true that and diaz vs. riggs sounds better than both, tough luck for strikeforce on this card. heiron vs. taylor will be an interesting fight though, but come on, any time diaz is supposed to fight and can't is a disappointment no matter the reasoning behind it.

wrona666 » Posted 6/21/07 3:31:00PM

This is still an interesting match up IMO.......We will see if Taylor can hang with an upper class fighter......

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

Posted by emfleek

Question...

Since Diaz failed to show up for a drug test, will the CSAC consider that to be an automatic positive test, meaning he could still have his license suspended?

i dont think it should count as a positive test.

although it should be if a trend started to happen.

guys knowing they couldnt pass OR guys not sure if they would pass the drug test.could just simply skip it and not worry about license suspension.

its kind of a loophole.

but like i said if a trend were to occur than yes.i think it should be counted as a positive result

scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

That's a tough switch for Hieron. All the sudden he's fighting a wrestler.

If I ever had an misconceptions about Nick Diaz getting back into the UFC, I think they are gone now.

ohnougotme » Posted 8/6/09 5:44:00PM

Little saddend by diaz's commitment problems.If taylor is ready to jump in,so be it.The show must go on!!!!I liked jay vs ncik.I thought he had good shot at beating diaz.Now with taylor(who's on a little roll)fillin in,i think it will be more a striking finnish.I like Jay's hands better then Jesse's.Thw wrestling of both will negate,and hopefully keepem standn.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]