MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Off Topic > Off Topic
Do you think Frank Mir and Jeff Curran are dating?
Forum Opinion Poll
Yes 21 88%
No 3 13%

Frank Mir and Jeff Curran   [View Full Version]
The_Metal_Maniac » Posted 1/21/07 10:08:00PM

LOL

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

They have to be dating. That was some major nut hugging

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Thats nothing compared to Mir being superglued to torres nuts.

telnights » Posted 6/21/07 4:17:00PM

Mir is very biased as a announcer. I thought Joe was bad till I heard Mir. Mir has to be one of the worst announcers I have ever seen other than Tito.

kevietre » Posted 6/29/07 1:36:00AM

Mir's trained with Torres in the past and has a lot of respect for him. Get over it.

Posted by kevietre

Mir's trained with Torres in the past and has a lot of respect for him. Get over it.

Doesn't matter if you have or haven't trained with a guy or not. Randy doesn't show bias in a fighter when he is announcing. In fact Randy has been an announcer while one of the guys from his own gym is fighting and he doesn't seam to show any biased. Mir has done this many times now with guys he hasn't trained with. Its like Mir wants to force his own views of who is the better fighter even when the guys he thinks is better is flat out losing. Also last I checked Torres wasn't Jeff Curran. It was very funny that Mir didn't have much to say after Torres got KOed but couldn't stop talking about how great he was before hand. Now don't get me wrong I think Torres is a great fighter but Mir's bias views aren't the best thing for the uneducated or educated fans to hear because it makes Mir look stupid and as a representative of WEC it makes them look bad as well.

Nightmare27 » Posted 1/22/07 8:46:00PM

If they were dating I dont think that Mir would keep saying that Curran got his black belt from Saulo Riberio when he really got it from Pedro Sauer. Mir is a very biased announcer though.

EvenFlow » Posted 11/9/08 6:40:00PM

I've never been more confused by biased commentary then when Mir commentated for Curran vs Benavidez as well as the Mizugaki fight although it was closer. When Mir thought Curran was at any point beating Benavidez and even gave him the decision, I was laughing my drunk ass off because I thought the same thing Metal Maniac thought.

scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

Ha...the bias is pretty evident. Any fighter with any serious BJJ skills is automatically Mir's favorite. I still like him as an announcer for how explains what's going on; but you still have to filter a lot of the opinion out of what he says.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Too bad florian had the fight with BJ or kenflo could have done mirs job at 42.

Florian is much better than Mir.

I bet Mir started to cry when torres lost, you could hear it in his voice. He's like my life is over.

D0wnUnd6e6r » Posted 9/13/07 5:12:00PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Thats nothing compared to Mir being superglued to torres nuts.

ssshhhhhyeah

ncordless » Posted 4/8/07 11:09:00PM

I think Mir has a thing for small men with a good guard.

I half expected Mir to jump into the cage when Torres got clipped. I would not have been suprised to see Mir charge in and rip Bowles off of Torres screaming "get off of my man!" and then bow over Torres' limp body weeping the kind of tears that only come from a woman who has found her lifeless lover on the aftermath of the battlefield. I was worried we would see a "romeo and Juliet" moment where Mir, distraught with grief over his fallen soulmate, would eat a poison capsule in hopes of joining torres in the afterlife so that they might be together for eternity.

Posted by ncordless

I think Mir has a thing for small men with a good guard.

I half expected Mir to jump into the cage when Torres got clipped. I would not have been suprised to see Mir charge in and rip Bowles off of Torres screaming "get off of my man!" and then bow over Torres' limp body weeping the kind of tears that only come from a woman who has found her lifeless lover on the aftermath of the battlefield. I was worried we would see a "romeo and Juliet" moment where Mir, distraught with grief over his fallen soulmate, would eat a poison capsule in hopes of joining torres in the afterlife so that they might be together for eternity.

[View Full Version of this Page]