MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Franklin Belfort @ 195   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2]
mentalcase » Posted 1/23/08 2:35:00AM

i don't think they are testing the water i think its just these circumstances rich has bulked up cause there no point in a 3rd anderson silva fight and at the sametime vitor is droped down and want to continue at 185 cause he has showed improvement at this weight class and i think the 195 is a even compromise for both fighters

ncordless » Posted 4/8/07 11:09:00PM

Posted by mentalcase

i don't think they are testing the water i think its just these circumstances rich has bulked up cause there no point in a 3rd anderson silva fight and at the sametime vitor is droped down and want to continue at 185 cause he has showed improvement at this weight class and i think the 195 is a even compromise for both fighters

I guess it could be just circumstance... and it definitely is a case of good circumstances for these fights to happen at 195. But when you add to that the fact that Wand has been asking Dana for a 195 class, Hendo says he won't cut to 185 again unless it is a title shot, Franklin's prospects at MW are ruined by A. Silva and he already took a shot at LHW back in the day and dropped weight to get away from it, and to me it looks like a nice little sub-class of popular fighters (all former champs) who fit better with each other than with either MW or LHW.

xAcidburNx » Posted 7/8/07 10:05:00AM

Im really all for a new weight class. more weight classes means more fighters, more events, and more roots for mma. its a sign that there really isnt enough space for the boom of MMArtists that are coming out and that there needs to be a change. although 195 division isnt a bad start it would make much more sense to split the heavyweights first. i think we all should agree that a weight class that starts after a 205 division all the way up to 265 is rediculous. people know its not fair to put a lightweight vs a middleweight so why is this any different. heck look at the diffferences within WC's. guys like grey maynard in LW are hard to handle just because of how big he is. mike swick cut down all the way from light heavy to now WW. Rashad evans from HW. its because of the small differences that they do this. for a guy like brock lesnar to go in there and start smashing HW its obviouse its not just his wrestling. the biggest guy hes fought so far was a chubby heath herring. if heath was ripped he would be a lighter heavy weight imo as well. in another case just look at shane carwin. that guy is another monster who just came along. did anyone see that one inch punch he knocked gabe gonzaga out cold with? thats not because he did kunfu for 13 years its because hes such a huge monster that even better more skilled heavyweights just cant contend with it.

shevtheman » Posted 2/8/07 11:25:00AM

If they're doing this at 195 it hints at them seriously looking at this super middleweight category.

shevtheman » Posted 2/8/07 11:25:00AM

Posted by xAcidburNx

Im really all for a new weight class. more weight classes means more fighters, more events, and more roots for mma. its a sign that there really isnt enough space for the boom of MMArtists that are coming out and that there needs to be a change. although 195 division isnt a bad start it would make much more sense to split the heavyweights first. i think we all should agree that a weight class that starts after a 205 division all the way up to 265 is rediculous. people know its not fair to put a lightweight vs a middleweight so why is this any different. heck look at the diffferences within WC's. guys like grey maynard in LW are hard to handle just because of how big he is. mike swick cut down all the way from light heavy to now WW. Rashad evans from HW. its because of the small differences that they do this. for a guy like brock lesnar to go in there and start smashing HW its obviouse its not just his wrestling. the biggest guy hes fought so far was a chubby heath herring. if heath was ripped he would be a lighter heavy weight imo as well. in another case just look at shane carwin. that guy is another monster who just came along. did anyone see that one inch punch he knocked gabe gonzaga out cold with? thats not because he did kunfu for 13 years its because hes such a huge monster that even better more skilled heavyweights just cant contend with it.

HW definetly needs a top weight limit, its insane. But theres noway Rashad Evans is a natural HW. I think most fighters cut from a high weight anyway, but there at least has to be a weight limit at HW that these guys have to be cutting to right? I would say 240 or 235 is the limit these guys have to get to.

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

So Belfort won't move up to 205 to fight Mousasi, yet he'll go to 195 to fight Ace. Hmmmmm...

Wolf » Posted 1/14/07 11:32:00PM

this is retarded. vitor even said he wants to fight at heavyweight again someday. So lets do it right and have him fight at 205 for this.

Aaronno9 » Posted 10/10/07 2:09:00PM

Posted by DCRage

So Belfort won't move up to 205 to fight Mousasi, yet he'll go to 195 to fight Ace. Hmmmmm...

Exacly what I was thinking. I also remember him saying it might not be big enough and hes only after the biggest fights. Although he was obviously willing to make an exception for Terry Martin....

spikerman19 » Posted 6/22/07 1:23:00AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

just make the new weight class already 195 cruiserweight

I have a good feeling that this new trend will be the begining of a new weight class. I remember hearing about it some time last year.

Giant_Ochai » Posted 5/19/09 7:57:00PM

Wasn't Franklin/Cane rumored at one point? There's all kinds of guys in both weight classes. These catchweight fights annoy me.

GrandMaster313 » Posted 6/9/07 7:01:00PM

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am so happy the "Phenom" is back home in the UFC. watch out MW's and LHW's.

WAR VITOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cobbs666 » Posted 1/16/07 10:11:00PM

i like middle-light heavyweight

Pages: 1 [2]

[View Full Version of this Page]