MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Erin Toughill tapped as ‘Plan B’ for Carano vs Cyborg Aug. 15 main event   [View Full Version]
emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

It appears Strikeforce officials aren’t ‘weighting’ around to see if Aug. 15 headliners Gina Carano and ‘Cyborg’ Santos hit the 145-pound mark for their upcoming women’s championship bout as PFC veteran Erin Toughill (10-2-1) has been put on notice as a potential replacement according to MMA Fanhouse.

After a string of injuries and medical maladies have shredded the San Jose fight card, it’s no wonder that Toughill is lurking in the shadows for a possible call up. Joe Riggs, Alistair Overeem and Josh Thomson have all been forced to withdraw from their main card matches and Strikeforce isn’t taking any chances with its main event.

STORY

Giant_Ochai » Posted 5/19/09 7:57:00PM

They're going to need to have two replacements ready to go if they really want to be safe. I'm just glad Strikeforce isn't creating special weight classes for people.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

What if they both miss?

Whether one or both miss weight. This fight needs to happen.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

I would like to offer my services to be a replacement should Cyborg not make weight (or get injured). I'm a 13-year veteran of the ground game...

EDIT: I've also been known to stand and 'bang'...

Aether » Posted 4/26/07 1:42:00AM

it's a pretty sad statement when a professional athlete misses weight so consistently that a backup is actually arranged ahead of time based on the likelihood of them not making weight.

Have some respect for the sport and for your opponent. Missing weight is inexcusable IMO.

RNC » Posted 9/5/07 7:26:00PM

This fight is the first step in legitimizing women's MMA. If Carano or Cyborg don't make weight it will seriously jepordize women's place in this sport for a long time.

[View Full Version of this Page]