MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
George St. Pierre has ‘no fear:’ UFC champ featured in Rolling Stone   [View Full Version]
emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

“This former Montreal club bouncer isn’t huge — he’s 5-10, 170 pounds — but it hardly matters. Check any Mixed Martial Arts ranking for his class and you’ll find GSP near the top. Marketers envision him as the sport’s big breakout star — he’s the first MMA guy to pimp Gatorade, for one thing — and his win over Thiago Alves at UFC 100 could very well be the fight that does it.

STORY

bootyclause » Posted 7/26/07 9:02:00PM

cool to have 2 mma in there. technically GSP is well above 170 walking around but we can let it slide.

xdanish020 » Posted 9/22/08 2:18:00AM

more like 5'10 - 185lbs but who's counting...

KaibaThedon » Posted 3/25/09 9:45:00PM

Check any Mixed Martial Arts ranking for his class and you’ll find GSP near the top

He's not near the top. He's alone at the top. Alone. Lonely.

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

His only fear....having an eventful fight.

dangerfield » Posted 6/25/08 8:43:00AM

Posted by cmill21

He must have been terrorfied during the Fitch fight that fight had everything but an oppenant capable of giving him a run for his money... and a finish... two things. Two things it didn't have... and a flying armbar attempt.... three things... ok so among the things it didn't have were....

Posted by dangerfield

Posted by cmill21

He must have been terrorfied during the Fitch fight that fight had everything but an oppenant capable of giving him a run for his money... and a finish... two things. Two things it didn't have... and a flying armbar attempt.... three things... ok so among the things it didn't have were....

I truthfully did not understand any of this...

telnights » Posted 6/21/07 4:17:00PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by dangerfield

Posted by cmill21

I truthfully did not understand any of this...

I don't understand the blind hate for GSP. Maybe you find his fights uneventful but I find his fights very entertaining and so does most of the MMA community.

Posted by telnights

I don't understand the blind hate for GSP. Maybe you find his fights uneventful but I find his fights very entertaining and so does most of the MMA community.

No one that I watch with do, and they're blind GSP followers.

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

i used to be on the edge of my seat throughout every GSP fight, but lately between having a VERY strong feeling that he would win going into the fight, and the takedown parade he lays on guys i have to admit that he hasnt been super exciting IMO. hes been fighting as smart as he possibly can, and winning very convincingly, but i dont get the goosebumps i used to get when he stepped into the cage.

dangerfield » Posted 6/25/08 8:43:00AM

It wa a moty python reference from the spanish inquisition sketch, their only weapon is surprise... he goes on to list twenty other weapons which feature in their arsenal.

Anyway my point is that fight was not boring so if he was afraid to not have a boring fight he'd have been afraid during that fight.

[View Full Version of this Page]