MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Miguel Torres Needed A Hug & Mark Dellagrotte Gave It To Him   [View Full Version]
DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

Funny but true. Torres recently commented on training with MMA guru Mark Dellagrotte, who brings a "hugs, not drugs" philosophy to his training camp. Torres said getting a hug like that for the first time was just what he needed, although it was kind of funny.

Article

KaibaThedon » Posted 3/25/09 9:45:00PM

LOL @ Mark Dellagrotte

Don't get hit!

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

Hey, it worked for Silva & "La Cheetah". Might be boring, but it's effective.

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

What's next? Tickle fights

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Well, as long as it doesn't involve certain recent actions in an interview by one Quinton "Rampage" Jackson.

xAcidburNx » Posted 7/8/07 10:05:00AM

lol mark dellagrotte rules.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

i can see mark inviting the boys over florian, davis, rivera, cote, on a friday night
pillow fight!!!!!!!!!

RearNakedJoke » Posted 8/11/08 6:25:00PM

Mark Delegrote: "you need a hug!"

Greg Jackson: "Hit him with your groin!!"

who would you rather coach you?

i'd take the hug personally. my parents didn't love me.

just out of curiosity, would a pelvic thrust to the face be illegal?

bigbubbano23 » Posted 10/26/07 10:31:00PM

torres did survive? dellagrotte's got some guns

telnights » Posted 6/21/07 4:17:00PM

Dellagrotte is one of the best coaches out there. It sounds bad but he was just trying to get Miguel out of that tough guy mind set. Its not tough to get hit its tough to not get hit.

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

Posted by telnights

Dellagrotte is one of the best coaches out there. It sounds bad but he was just trying to get Miguel out of that tough guy mind set. Its not tough to get hit its tough to not get hit.

I definitely agree with all of this. Delagrotte is the best standup coach in MMA IMO. When it comes to footwork that is. There might be some guys who are better combination teachers, but as far as maintaining the distance and keeping the fight outside I'm very impressed with Delagrotte's tutelage.

My knock on Torres has always been that he is willing to give as many hits as he's willing to take. That's all fine and dandy, and it may work for a while, but sooner or later your ticket will get punched. Torres + Delagrotte's tutelage = Scary. Glad to see they're working on this specific problem.

Nightmare27 » Posted 1/22/07 8:46:00PM

Seems fruity to me, but hey whatever works. God I love the mullet! I think that it gives him strength.

[View Full Version of this Page]