MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Jon Fitch Talks Facial Hair, Brock Lesnar and Who He Would 'Love' to Face Next   [View Full Version]
emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

The last time we spoke to Jon Fitch he talked about getting engaged the day after UFC 100. But that wasn't the only exciting thing to happen to him that weekend. Fitch won his second fight in a row (and 17th in 18 fights), defeating Paul Thiago via unanimous decision. The victory surely meant a lot to Fitch because Thiago had shockingly defeated his American Kickboxing Academy team member, Josh Koscheck, in February.

FanHouse spoke to Fitch about what's next for him and the funky goatee he sported on ESPN.com's MMA Live after the bout. The full interview is below.

STORY

The_Metal_Maniac » Posted 1/21/07 10:08:00PM

I would definitely love to see Fitch put it on Matt Hughes.

Boo_Radley21 » Posted 7/19/07 12:28:00AM

They have to set up Fitch vs Hughes. I would love to see that fight. Fitch would take it I think but holy **** would it be awesome.

Nightmare27 » Posted 1/22/07 8:46:00PM

That would suck warming up three times and then seeing people get up and leave during your fight.

chubbud22 » Posted 1/22/07 5:21:00PM

I would like to see Fitch vs Alves

imanidiot777 » Posted 1/22/08 12:25:00PM

Posted by chubbud22

I would like to see Fitch vs Alves

Didn't Fitch beat Alves once before? That would be a good rematch though.

Rush » Posted 1/31/07 10:42:00PM

I have no interest in Hughes vs. Fitch. It would just be another UD win for Fitch and not an exciting fight IMO.

whardin19 » Posted 7/25/07 9:08:00PM

Hughes vs. Fitch would be a pretty boring fight and I'm a huge Fitch fan saying that. I have no intrest in seeing that fight. Now a rematch between Fitch and Alves I would like to see. Eventually something is going to have to happen to get these teamates to fight. There all tops in the division and they won't fight.

slapshot » Posted 6/22/07 2:16:00PM

To me its just about impossible to make the case for anyone other than Fitch being the number 1 contender. I also think its too soon for a rematch with GSP, I just see Fitch as a cut above the rest of the division and GSP a cut above that.

I definitely think Fitch could stuff Matts takedowns and I dont think it would be all that boring of a fight but I think Hughes would end up being stopped by either a KO or a TKO in later rounds because I just dont see how Matt can be competitive in the standup.

Stylistically I think I would rather see him fight Parisyan, Condit, Hardy or even Anthony Johnson over Matt Hughes but its still a solid fight.

[View Full Version of this Page]