MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Fedor-Barnett Bout in Jeopardy   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2 3
mentalcase » Posted 1/23/08 2:35:00AM

Affliction Entertainment and M-1 Global are looking for a new opponent to face Fedor Emelianenko at Affliction “Trilogy” on Aug. 1 at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif.

Multiple sources have told Sherdog.com that the California State Athletic Commission will not license Josh Barnett after a positive result on a pre-fight test. Calls to the California State Athletic Commission and Affliction Entertainment were not immediately returned.

Barnett said he had not been notified of any issues with his eligibility as of Tuesday evening.
link

Playground_Samurai » Posted 1/28/07 4:36:00PM

One source told Sherdog.com that Emelianenko will have the opportunity to choose between Belfort and Bobby Lashley.

Although I think Fedor would beat both of these guys, I think Belfort would be a much more interesting match up.

“No matter what happens with this, I can assure you I will clear my name. This will not be something that I am defined by.”

Considering this wouldn't be his first time testing positive(assuming this is for steroids), i'm pretty sure this would leave a pretty ugly stamp on Barnetts career.

joshryanshepherd » Posted 2/7/08 12:44:00AM

Belfort? something tells me that they're just wanting another UFC champ under his belt

Fox Hound- The Patriots of the Playground!

#1 in points-1st season
#1 in points- 2nd season
#1 in points- 3rd season
#1 in points- 4th season
#1 in points- 5th season

aswell as #1 in Wagers and the entire Secondary league...

Lord_Lenny » Posted 3/31/07 6:09:00PM

Posted by gspfan

One source told Sherdog.com that Emelianenko will have the opportunity to choose between Belfort and Bobby Lashley.

Although I think Fedor would beat both of these guys, I think Belfort would be a much more interesting match up.

“No matter what happens with this, I can assure you I will clear my name. This will not be something that I am defined by.”

Considering this wouldn't be his first time testing positive(assuming this is for steroids), i'm pretty sure this would leave a pretty ugly stamp on Barnetts career.

Yeah Belfort's fast hands make for a more interesting match up than Lashley who will most likely be armbarred or TKO'd. I'm curious to see who Fedor would choose, and about the fact that they allowed him to.

Sweet avatar by the way

vinny_cro_cop_q » Posted 7/8/07 10:55:00PM

It will be really pitiful on barnetts behalf if this is all true. why do this on such a career defining fight

TimW001 » Posted 3/30/07 6:31:00PM

Barnett, why did you choose to screw up now?

king_katool » Posted 3/8/08 3:32:00PM

stupid barnett, this makes me so happy, i never had any interest in barnett/fedor

joshryanshepherd » Posted 2/7/08 12:44:00AM

Sweet avatar by the way

to bad its gonna get replaced after Forrest out strikes Anderson

Fox Hound- The Patriots of the Playground!

#1 in points-1st season
#1 in points- 2nd season
#1 in points- 3rd season
#1 in points- 4th season
#1 in points- 5th season

aswell as #1 in Wagers and the entire Secondary league...

landstander » Posted 6/4/07 7:47:00AM

I'm always suspicious when the CSAC has good news for the UFC.

Nightmare27 » Posted 1/22/07 8:46:00PM

Damn, this could end up being the death of Afflliction. Say it ain't so Josh!!

RNC » Posted 9/5/07 7:26:00PM

I say go Lashly. I want to see him in the UFC and if he puts on a decent showing against Fedor it will help his chances.

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

The article was updated and multiple sources have confirmed Belfort has agreed in principle to the fight should Barnett not be allowed to.

loller90278 » Posted 1/16/07 3:05:00PM

wow, thats a killer for affliction. if vitor takes on fedor, who takes on santiago?? that was the fight i was looking forward to most!!

sclasclemski » Posted 3/28/09 12:47:00PM

wow its Afflictions Kimbo incident

hippysmacker » Posted 1/15/07 9:10:00PM

This just plain sucks. This is one of my dream matchups. If this is true,Barnett should be ashamed of himself. This was the main reason I would buy the ppv. Nothing else on the card is anywhere near as compelling to me. Babalu/Mousassi and Vitor/Santiago are nice, but not nice enough for me to shell out 45 $. Plus, Vitor fighting Fedor has no suspense for me, and Vitor/Santiago did So now I lose the 2 fights I wanted too see most .I would rather see Fedor/Rothwell. At least Ben's a big heavy and I could convince myself( slim as that is of actually happening) he has the power to land a punchers chance KO. So I guess I will be watching this one at the sportsbar.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Pages: [1] 2 3

[View Full Version of this Page]