MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Yushin Okami vs. Chael Sonnen middleweight bout set for UFC 104 in Los Angeles   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

A middleweight bout between long, longtime contender Yushin Okami (23-4 MMA, 7-1 UFC) and Chael Sonnen (23-10-1 MMA, 2-3 UFC) is set for UFC 104.

The bout was revealed on the recently launched UFC Japan website.

UFC 104 takes place Oct. 24 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles and features a main event between UFC light heavyweight champ Lyoto Machida and Mauricio "Shogun" Rua. The Okami vs. Sonnen bout will likely take place on the night's pay-per-view-televised main card.

STORY

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

As much as I want Okami to know Sonnen's head off, I guess Okami will prolly grind out a decision.

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

As much as I want Okami to know Sonnen's head off, I guess Okami will prolly grind out a decision.

This one has a decision written all over it.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

KaibaThedon » Posted 3/25/09 9:45:00PM

Had Okami over Miller at UFC98, he pulls out so I take Miller over Sonnen and he gets his ass beat, so now I will have to take Okami over Sonnen via UD!

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

Mayhem13 » Posted 6/28/07 1:10:00AM

Good matchup, both strong wreslters...may give the standup edge to Okami though...

I like the matchup, but probably won't be the most exciting fight we have seen..haha

I will take Okami by decision I guess.

Where does this leave Cote now? Henderson like he asked? Maybe Bisping...or Wanderlei?

I am calling Wanderlei vs Cote at 105.

Irish_Pride » Posted 7/12/09 7:13:00PM

Posted by Mayhem13

Good matchup, both strong wreslters...may give the standup edge to Okami though...

I like the matchup, but probably won't be the most exciting fight we have seen..haha

I will take Okami by decision I guess.

Where does this leave Cote now? Henderson like he asked? Maybe Bisping...or Wanderlei?

I am calling Wanderlei vs Cote at 105.

I'm agreeing with everyone else. Okami by decision. I just don't see this fight being too exciting. I really like the idea of Wanderlei vs Cote at 105. I would like that fight.

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

Okami should win this one then again somehow get denied his title shot. It'll be a typical Okami fight-food & bathroom break.

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

Posted by DCRage

Okami should win this one then again somehow get denied his title shot. It'll be a typical Okami fight-food & bathroom break.

haha

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

not the best fight but i am a okami fan i won't mind seeing him fight live again

Hendo67 » Posted 11/18/08 1:59:00PM

This fight does not have me excited at all...

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

I'm taking Sonnen by Decision.

TimW001 » Posted 3/30/07 6:31:00PM

WAR YUSHIN.

Jesse_Canadian_MMA » Posted 1/11/08 5:48:00PM

going with Sonnen

fizz » Posted 3/9/07 3:13:00PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Well whoever you put those 2 fighters against its going to end up with a semi-boring decision!

SO why not make them fight toghether and let them decision eatch other!

pinoymixplaya » Posted 6/27/07 10:17:00PM

I don't understand why the UFC and Mr. Joe Silva won't hook up Okami with some real exciting fighters. A fight with Wanderlei or Cote or Maia would have been amazing...but nooooooo....maybe they are trying to get him to lose so they can kick him to the curb? but they are trying to market Japanese fighters, so wouldn't his loss be a setback?

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]