MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Gina Carano Weight Controversy is Getting Out of Hand   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
BrutalKnockOut » Posted 7/8/07 11:40:00PM

Gina Carano weight controversy is getting out of hand

Check out the link for a pretty accurate depiction of controversy that seems to be going on in the MMA world today, centering around the big title bout between Gina Carano and Cris "Cyborg" Santos.

KUTTER » Posted 6/16/09 3:26:00PM

I wish they would have scheduled the fight sooner so they be done with it. Who cares if they suppose fight at 140, and come in at 142 and 144 is anyone really gonna cry. Gina could hang out at 150 for all i care.

xdanish020 » Posted 9/22/08 2:18:00AM

Well, if they want people to start taking women's mma more seriously, both girls should do everything they can to make weight for this fight.

KUTTER » Posted 6/16/09 3:26:00PM

Posted by xdanish020

Well, if they want people to start taking women's mma more seriously, both girls should do everything they can to make weight for this fight.

I cant even take womens basketball seriously

Posted by xdanish020

It seems like nobody is giving them a chance, though.

Giant_Ochai » Posted 5/19/09 7:57:00PM

Posted by BrutalKnockOut

Posted by xdanish020

People have very good reasons to give them no chance.

Posted by Giant_Ochai

Posted by BrutalKnockOut

Posted by xdanish020

Gina Carano has never had a problem making 145lbs.

Wolf » Posted 1/14/07 11:32:00PM

Posted by Giant_Ochai

Posted by BrutalKnockOut

Posted by xdanish020

did you read the article?

Posted by Wolf

Posted by Giant_Ochai

Posted by BrutalKnockOut

Posted by xdanish020

did you read the article?

I'm guessing no... lol

Rush » Posted 1/31/07 10:42:00PM

I don't pity them one bit for the flak they get for the weight issue. I can bet that she is putting on some extra pounds for the cut to 145, which may well put her in a similar position as when she fought at 140.

Regarding the author of the article. lol at the guy posting a picture of Gina to "prove" she is in shape. Sorry dude, but a picture of a fighter wearing a top, boxing gloves with a bit of sweat on her brow does not mean she is in shape and on route for her weight cut.

jiujitsufreak74 » Posted 9/24/07 7:28:00PM

i'm sure most of you know how i feel about this...

Drudinh » Posted 12/17/07 6:19:00PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

i'm sure most of you know how i feel about this...

U r thinking put them in greenman suits then

mentalcase » Posted 1/23/08 2:35:00AM

customary double entendre

"who doesn't get turned on when Gina throws her weight around"

BarryScott » Posted 7/10/09 3:23:00PM

If guys like Alves can make weight then there's no reason these women can't, it's a disgrace and both unprofessional and un-sportsman like, it's pathetic.

tomp6581 » Posted 1/29/07 10:53:00AM

If people didnt think Gina Carano was hot alot less people would be interested this fight and womens MMA generally.

Add to that, the chances Gina will keep her face so pretty in this sport are slim, so the future doesnt look too bright for womans MMA in my opinion.

On the weight issue, what if its "that time of the month"? Things arent as simple as that for women foghters. However the mood swings might help in a fight

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]