MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
DREAM 10: Paulo Filho and Melvin Manhoef Seek Redemption   [View Full Version]
emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

In non-Grand Prix action on July 20th's DREAM 10 card, heavy-handed Dutch K-1 kickboxer Melvin Manhoef (23-5) will battle it out in the MMA ring against Brazilian jiu-jitsu powerhouse Paulo Filho (16-1). Both middleweights are coming off stunning losses. Filho fell to Chael Sonnen at WEC 36 after failing to make weight and having mental health issues. Manhoef was upset by Keijiro Maeda at the K-1 World GP 2009 leg in Yokohama, Japan. Manhoef managed to fight a month-and-a-half later on the "It's SHOWTIME" card in Amsterdam, but he was being outstruck by Stefan Leko until Leko hurt his leg in the third round. Manhoef escaped with the victory.

STORY

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

This fight, along with the rest of the event will be great. I think Manhoef comes in and destroys Filho, very quickly.

fizzle » Posted 12/23/08 10:54:00PM

I don't see Filho being able to get or keep this fight on the ground. If Manhoef willingly engages in Filho's guard then a sub is possible. Otherwise I got Melvin taking this one quickly.

mentalcase » Posted 1/23/08 2:35:00AM

manheof will be doing the 3 tap symphony as sherdog likes to put it

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Posted by mentalcase

manheof will be doing the 3 tap symphony as sherdog likes to put it

Based on Fihlo's last fight, I can't honestly believe he'll ever go back to being the fighter he once was.

Manhoef by viscious asswhooping.

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

if paulo can get the ghosts that he talks to in the cage when he fights to lend him a hand i think he has a good chance here

[View Full Version of this Page]