MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Zuffa Confirms UFC 105: Manchester, England, Likely Free In US   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

UFC UK President Marshall Zelaznik recently confirmed to Versus that UFC 105 in England is set for November 14. It will be held at the Manchester Evening News Arena in Manchester, England with a main event TBA. In the US, Zelaznik says it likely will air free on Spike.

Article

Irish_Pride » Posted 7/12/09 7:13:00PM

Awesome. I'm glad it's free. I can't be ordering every fight. I ain't made of money. Now, that it's free I doubt the main event will be a superstar matchup.

I was just saying on another board that if it is free we probably have Hendo to thank for it. Had Bisping won it's almost certain the main event would've been Bisping-Silva for the title and then it probably would've been PPV. At this point I'd say we could still see Bisping headlining, maybe even Dan Hardy.
(And probably circle this date for the debuts of TUF 9 winners Ross Pearson & James Wilks)

1daveufc » Posted 12/28/08 12:59:00PM

Posted by Irish_Pride

Awesome. I'm glad it's free. I can't be ordering every fight. I ain't made of money. Now, that it's free I doubt the main event will be a superstar matchup.

It cud have a superstar matchup after all UFC 100 was free over here.

1daveufc » Posted 12/28/08 12:59:00PM

Am gan try get me a ticket for this

KaibaThedon » Posted 3/25/09 9:45:00PM

i love the free broadcasts!!

gonna start at 12pm our time though, which is good cuz then i don't have to wait a whole day to watch ufc..

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

BarryScott » Posted 7/10/09 3:23:00PM

Posted by 1daveufc

Posted by Irish_Pride

It cud have a superstar matchup after all UFC 100 was free over here.

I guarantee you UFC 105 will have a poor main event, just like all the other recent UK UFC's.

Great, the UFC screws the UK again, and there's no doubt in my mind that the tickets will be just as expensive as they were for events like UFC 100

Not having great fighters is annoying, but when the price for the tickets is just as high as regular UFC event's then it just takes the piss.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Im still optomistic about there being a decent main event for this card. I mean Hendo vs Ramapage was free.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

dan hardy vs jon fitch for contender status!!!

bisping vs okami!! or akiyama or even belcher!!

WheelchairBandit » Posted 7/14/08 1:31:00AM

I could REALLY dig Wandy vs. Bisping......

WB.

Jesse_Canadian_MMA » Posted 1/11/08 5:48:00PM

I think Hardy will be the main event

moob » Posted 2/24/07 2:39:00PM

I really hope some quality American based fighters can endure the plane journey over and make this a decent card.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

i could probably name 10 fighters on the card for sure
but yeah you brits needs some new fighters not same old fighters each card like a davis, etim, taylor, kelly, hathaway, bisping, hardy, add a wilks and probably pearson and winner as well

BarryScott » Posted 7/10/09 3:23:00PM

If this event was going to have a good Main Event they would have announced it already, they do this with the majority of UK events, wait for the fans to buy the tickets and then tell them who's fighting

According to Junkie, these fighters are "tentatively slotted" for 105, and they shouldn't be surprises: Bisping, Ross Pearson, James Wilks, Dan Hardy. Opponents TBA.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]