MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Fabricio Werdum reveals strategy against Alistair Overeem: ‘Just wait for him to get tired’   [View Full Version]
emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Fabricio Werdum is currently preparing for the most important professional fight of his life.

On August 15 the renowned Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt will be facing off with Dutch wrecking ball Alistair Overeem for the Strikeforce Heavyweight Championship on the main card of “Strikeforce: Carano vs.Cyborg“.

The two are far from strangers as they had previously faced off at “PRIDE: Total Elimination Absolute” in May of 2006. A bout which Werdum had his hand raised in victory following a second round kimura submission from his guard.

STORY

D0wnUnd6e6r » Posted 9/13/07 5:12:00PM

IMO not the best strategy vs a guy like Overeem

RearNakedJoke » Posted 8/11/08 6:25:00PM

this is why i dont consider werdum a top 10 fighter.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Prolly not the best gameplan. But who knows. I will prolly be picking overeem.

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

Hey.. it worked in the past... I guess

ncordless » Posted 4/8/07 11:09:00PM

That has been the traditional way to beat Overeem... defend and watch him gas in the first 2 minutes. Lately though he has looked a little different. Werdum better do something more than defend or he won't last the first two minutes.

BarryScott » Posted 7/10/09 3:23:00PM

Who needs Greg Jackson's gameplan's when all you need to do is wait for the guy to get tired

Aaronno9 » Posted 10/10/07 2:09:00PM

The problem with that is, Id assume having a guy as big as Overeem is nowdays throwing you around and smashing knees into your ribs, will gas Werdum a little to. I think if he goes 1 round with no offensive work he'll get TKO'd.

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

overeem isnt cutting to LHW anymore so his body isnt as completely drained. werdum isnt going to last long enough for AO to get tired if thats his strategy.

breakdown5 » Posted 1/15/07 7:35:00PM

Posted by cowcatcher

overeem isnt cutting to LHW anymore so his body isnt as completely drained. werdum isnt going to last long enough for AO to get tired if thats his strategy.

This is exactly what I thought when I read the title of the thread. A well thought out strategy indeed.

[View Full Version of this Page]