MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
BJ Penn: ‘I’m making sure not to overtrain’ for UFC 101   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2]
Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Well, making sure to not overtrain is about as important as making sure not to undertrain.

Smart move , im not so sure how the topic got onto the path that it did.

Rush » Posted 1/31/07 10:42:00PM

ok, I updated my post as I felt short changed, but your props were still deserved MMA_Alex

Wallass » Posted 10/7/08 5:39:00PM

LOL the title of this thread made me laugh my ass off knowing BJ's past.

mentalcase » Posted 1/23/08 2:35:00AM

Posted by Jackelope

Go ahead. I'm not scared and I don't abuse my power. If someone can come at me with some decent logic to rebut my points I'm all for it. Now, if you resort to calling me an idiot or any other poster an idiot, then I have a problem with it. Let's get one thing very clear- I'm here to debate and be a part of this community just as much as any regular poster is. The only difference is that I actually believe in and have the power to enforce the website's rules. So, now that the gloves are off, what have you got?

As I said in the original post, I'm a fan of BJ Penn. I consider his career to be wildly successful at this point. However, I think it could have been even more successful than it already is if only he had the heart and determination that we've seen from others. Imagine BJ Penn with Clay Guida's work ethic and cardio. I don't see hardly any other fighters out there that would be able to compete with that.

I know people who know BJ personally, and I am very close friends with a guy who grew up with BJ Penn. This has been the story of BJ's life. I'm sure he could kick the living crap out of me or almost anybody I know, but the fact remains that while he is one of the best, he is not the greatest. He could be. But he doesn't work hard enough. See him gassing in the 3rd round against GSP for a reference.

hey my first line was kind of an attempt at humor and i did not mean to imply that i think u r an idiot or abuse ur power as a mod

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

Posted by mentalcase

hey my first line was kind of an attempt at humor and i did not mean to imply that i think u r an idiot or abuse ur power as a mod

ahh, my bad. Sorry- sometimes sarcasm doesn't translate over the internet too well. That, and I get defensive about this particular issue because it's something as a mod you're constantly being accused of.

Anyway, point is this- I think you and I agree on how good BJ is as a fighter. I guess I just want to hold his feet to the fire because along with everyone else I'd just love to see him live up to his true potential

Rush » Posted 1/31/07 10:42:00PM

Posted by Jackelope

because it's something as a mod you're constantly being accused of.

This can't be true.

gnl68 » Posted 6/30/07 8:13:00AM

BJ has the highest respect for what he thinks should be.I think he is just way into himself to even believe the truth.The failure to man-up,just shows how weak he has become.If Kenny beats him,in my eyes it would be the biggest waste of talent in mma.I have never been a big BJ fan,but have admired his skills.This could be a great fight.

UFCmma666 » Posted 9/7/08 10:01:00PM

HHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA

good to hear it BJ god forbid you overtrain like you usually do but i did hear he was training with the diaz bros so im super excited

telnights » Posted 6/21/07 4:17:00PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by Jackelope

because it's something as a mod you're constantly being accused of.

This can't be true.

Yeha I dont know what he is doing wrong

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

I'm catching hell in my own fight camp, and now from you guys, too? Maybe it's high time I did start abusing my powers

Pages: 1 [2]

[View Full Version of this Page]