MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Hardonk, Cool Under Pressure, Foils Mugging in LA   [View Full Version]
Bowen50 » Posted 6/21/07 12:42:00PM

We all know the old adage about ‘strength in numbers’, but you have to think that the three young men who tried to mug 6 foot 4, 245 pound UFC heavyweight Antoni Hardonk in Los Angeles a week and a half ago were either very brave or very stupid – or both.

“I’ve worked security in the clubs and had some incidents there when people are fighting and you have to break up a fight, or somebody’s drunk and you have to guide them out, but this time, they wanted to have my money, they wanted to rob me, and that was a new experience for me,” Hardonk told UFC.com. “First they asked if I had some change so I looked in my wallet. They said they needed some help, and asked if I could help them out. I don’t mind helping people, so I took a look. Then suddenly the tone in their voice changed and they said ‘gimme your money.’

Link

fizzle » Posted 12/23/08 10:54:00PM

Cool read. This article personalizes Hardonk... he seems like a really good guy.

JahanJahkesh » Posted 1/29/09 8:19:00PM

These guys where drinking the same water as the guys who tried brawling with the Overeem brothers. Criminals are so stupid.

Giant_Ochai » Posted 5/19/09 7:57:00PM

Too bad he didn't get to work them over like the 72-year-old ex-boxer did to the punk that broke into his place.

EpicTerran » Posted 8/23/07 3:24:00PM

Nice story, Hardonk seems like a pretty stand up guy.

Joemoplata » Posted 6/18/09 10:50:00AM

We've been fortunate to have Hardonk stop by our Academy for some training and even though I wasn't there when we was from all accounts he is a super nice guy. Glad to hear he didn't get hurt in the process!

Brain_Smasher » Posted 1/27/07 9:19:00PM

Posted by EpicTerran

Yeah but its his ground game thats the problem.

Joemoplata » Posted 6/18/09 10:50:00AM

Posted by Brain_Smasher

HA!!

scobac » Posted 9/9/07 5:01:00PM

Posted by Brain_Smasher

Posted by EpicTerran

ZING!

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

I really like Hardonk as a fighter, but he just isn't coming along so far. Dude isn't getting any younger, either. Still, hearing a story like this about the man makes me like him even more. Class act, Hardonk

Wolfenstein » Posted 12/13/07 3:31:00AM

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

he should have leg kicked one of them

Brain_Smasher » Posted 1/27/07 9:19:00PM

That was what i was hoping the Article was about. I would pay to see him leg kick street scum. hahaha

[View Full Version of this Page]