MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Off Topic > Off Topic
Favorite MJ video, song or moment- tribute to the King of pop   [View Full Version]
Cdellorso » Posted 7/6/07 10:54:00PM

This thread is NOT for haters- the fact is that in the eighties and early 90s- this man was THE MAN- as Eddie Murphy put it Michael Jacksin is a musical genius-

My all time fav song- " dont stop till you get enough"
Chris Tucker is great singing that .... cant think of the jacki Chan movie ( duh moment"

I can remember in the mid eighties, when buttons were all the rave, there was a vendor at the wrestling tournaments that sold MJ buttons and iron or press on decals for hats and Micheal Jackson was the most worn by far....

Love the smooth criminal and the remember the time videos.

top 3 fav songs and or videos. Did you ever see him in concert? or in person??

the "Buffalaxed" Indi thriller video is pretty sweet....

owen1 » Posted 6/22/07 10:22:00AM

R.I.P to a legend.I was gonna see him in concert this next tour(although obviously way past his glory days).Man is a legend and will b forever missed in music.R.I.P.

Drudinh » Posted 12/17/07 6:19:00PM

#1. You are not alone
a very close #2. Heal the world
Best video would have to be thriller. I did have a phase where I liked the song butterflies for a long time. Pop Legend R.I.P.

ThaAxeMurderer7 » Posted 1/16/08 9:55:00PM

I'm not a huge MJ fan, but Billie Jean will always be one of my favorite songs ever. Drunk or not, I'm gonna dance when that **** comes on

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

top 3 songs: 1. smooth criminal 2. beat it 3. thriller

best video of all time is definitely thriller, the only one that comes close for me is the a-ha video for take on me just because it was so different and must have been hard to make without the technology we have now.

im wondering if ill see a few silver gloves around over the weekend. the biggest music festival in the world is going on for the next 10 days in milwaukee(summerfest) and im sure there are going to be a ton of tributes to the king of pop.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

- Smooth Criminal
- Man In The Mirror
- P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)
- Thriller
- The Way You Make Me Feel
- Billie Jean
- Beat It
- I'll Be There (Jackson 5)

Both 'Thriller' and 'Smooth Criminal' are 2 of my favorite music videos (yes, children...MTV used to show these things call music videos!) of all-time.

I *did* have one of these when I was younger...

_PaKaL_ » Posted 6/6/09 3:19:00PM

Bad guy gr8 music .Breakin and the RAP explosion PyT thriller on MTV24\7 everyone buying parachute pants and single gloves lol i think MJ broke many a color line and his hook in rockwell's song was the shizzzzle i allways feal like somebodies watching meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.Back when Bruce lee roy had the GLOW a good period to have grown up in.

Cdellorso » Posted 7/6/07 10:54:00PM

sho-nuff!!

AchillesHeel » Posted 2/3/07 10:04:00AM

I'm not a Michael Jackson connoisseur, but I've been a music fan my whole life, and there are a few Jackson songs that are essential, imo:

"I Want You Back" (The Jackson 5), 1969. That's 16-year-old Jermaine playing that bass line, btw.

"Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough", 1979, is simply one of the greatest dance songs of the last century.

And it's hard to overstate the impact on American popular culture of the debut of "Thriller" on MTV. I think it rates alongside the radio broadcasts of The Benny Goodman Orchestra from the Palomar Ballroom in 1935, the appearances of Elvis Presley on the Milton Berle Show in 1956, and The Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show in 1964.

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

Posted by AchillesHeel

I'm not a Michael Jackson connoisseur, but I've been a music fan my whole life, and there are a few Jackson songs that are essential, imo:

"I Want You Back" (The Jackson 5), 1969. That's 16-year-old Jermaine playing that bass line, btw.

"Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough", 1979, is simply one of the greatest dance songs of the last century.

And it's hard to overstate the impact on American popular culture of the debut of "Thriller" on MTV. I think it rates alongside the radio broadcasts of The Benny Goodman Orchestra from the Palomar Ballroom in 1935, the appearances of Elvis Presley on the Milton Berle Show in 1956, and The Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show in 1964.

after i posted i thought about i want you back and abc. i didnt even think about dont stop til you get enough, there were so many hits that its hard to keep track, but ovver the last 2 days ive been hearing all of them on the radio or tv.

KaibaThedon » Posted 3/25/09 9:45:00PM

Smooth Criminal
Bad
Thriller
Man in the Mirror
Dangerous
Billie Jean

So many good songs

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

Mayhem13 » Posted 6/28/07 1:10:00AM

Man in the Mirror
Billie Jean
The Way You Make Me Feel

not a fan of the recent years of Michael...but back in the day he put out some good music.

The_Metal_Maniac » Posted 1/21/07 10:08:00PM

Man in the Mirror for sure

bigbubbano23 » Posted 10/26/07 10:31:00PM

favorite moment is when he hung the baby over the balcony.

[View Full Version of this Page]