MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Hermes Franca vs. Tyson Griffin targeted for September's UFC 103 in Dallas   [View Full Version]
emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

A lightweight bout between Hermes Franca (19-7 MMA, 6-4 UFC) and Tyson Griffin (13-2 MMA, 6-2 UFC) will take place in September at UFC 103.

Sources close to the fighters told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that bout agreements have not been signed but both competitors have verbally agreed to the fight.

The Sept. 19 fight will take place on the main card of the event, which airs live on pay-per-view from the American Airlines Center in Dallas.

STORY

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Im really looking forward to this fight, but it also could be a dud.

ThaAxeMurderer7 » Posted 1/16/08 9:55:00PM

I can promise you this fight won't be a dud. I respect the hell out of both these guys but in the end I see Tyson winning a UD. I think Tyson is going to want to keep it standing and outstrike him for 15 mins. What I like about Tyson is he's a wrestler, but he doesn't mind standing and exchanging. A lot of people make a huge deal over him not finishing fights but I think that's more of credit to a lot of fighters at 155 having solid chins and excellent cardio. Can't wait for this fight.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

I think Tyson will pull off the win in this match up!!! Im going with unanimous decision.

RNC » Posted 9/5/07 7:26:00PM

Edgar vs Franca all over again.

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Franca via submission

[View Full Version of this Page]