MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Lyoto Machida, Randy Couture, Fedor Emelianenko All Possible for EA Sports MMA Video Game   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

"We are looking obviously at every fighter that we can, that we feel is applicable from a quality level and then analyzing their image rights, and if they're available and we want them -- then we'll get them. If they're not then we'll move on to the next fighter."

When asked about fighters such as UFC star Lyoto Machida, Moore added: "Machida? A great fighter. There's plenty of great fighters that have their image rights, and we'll start announcing fighters pretty soon."

LINK

TimW001 » Posted 3/30/07 6:31:00PM

I hope the UFC lets their fights in EA's game.

Livershot » Posted 1/17/07 4:20:00PM

Posted by TimW001

I hope the UFC lets their fights in EA's game.

As they have their own franchise video game now I will find that highly unlikely

The only exceptions will be those with their own image rights, which will be a handful at best

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Posted by Livershot

The only exceptions will be those with their own image rights, which will be a handful at best

...and then you can look for Dana to get SUPER pissed if they do allow EA to use their name.

Wolf » Posted 1/14/07 11:32:00PM

I'd be surprised if Machida's in the EA game since he's in the official THQ one.

The-Don » Posted 11/11/07 7:40:00PM

true but as the article stated.. Machida is his own person not dumb enough to sign away his image rights... why not be in both..

billycarnage » Posted 7/30/07 3:23:00PM

EA does everything better! I am not too worried about who will be in the game and because of EA's track record I have high expectations.

Jesse_Canadian_MMA » Posted 1/11/08 5:48:00PM

Mousasi is in the game and thats all need to buy it lol

I thought guys like St Pierre, Machida, Penn, sherk, Florian, Griffin, Jackson, Liddell, Lesnar, didnt have to sign over their likeness rights exclusively to the UFC cause they have so many other things going on to earn money, I remember reading somewhere that the bigger names didnt have to do that ???

telnights » Posted 6/21/07 4:17:00PM

Posted by billycarnage

EA does everything better! I am not too worried about who will be in the game and because of EA's track record I have high expectations.

EA doesn't do everything better. EA buys up company's that make a great games then run that game and its company in to the ground most of the times. I could make a huge list of the of great company's that EA bought up and ended up ruining the company and the games they made.

artofdefense » Posted 4/30/08 8:55:00AM

Posted by The-Don

true but as the article stated.. Machida is his own person not dumb enough to sign away his image rights... why not be in both..

The FN4 demo gives me doubts...

mentalcase » Posted 1/23/08 2:35:00AM

dana wont let one of his champions to be in another video game

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

I wouldn't be suprised if EA actually pulled this off.
It wouldn't be easy,but EA is becoming an empire in the world of gaming,and it's no suprise when someone tells you their attempting to topple the market.

EA is to video game developing (in some respects) what the UFC is to MMA.

tomp6581 » Posted 1/29/07 10:53:00AM

Posted by telnights

Posted by billycarnage

EA doesn't do everything better. EA buys up company's that make a great games then run that game and its company in to the ground most of the times. I could make a huge list of the of great company's that EA bought up and ended up ruining the company and the games they made.

Like UFC and Pride. They have alot in common

Irish_Pride » Posted 7/12/09 7:13:00PM

Can't wait to see how this game turns out. I'm a big fan of EA sports games like Madden, Live, NCAA games. I hope they do a good job and make this MMA game fun and realistic. I wonder what they will rate Fedor in the game?

telnights » Posted 6/21/07 4:17:00PM

Posted by tomp6581

Posted by telnights

Posted by billycarnage

Like UFC and Pride. They have alot in common

Pride was ran in to the ground by Pride not the UFC. It was dead long before the UFC bought it.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]