MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
One-Armed MMA Fighter Nick Newell Brings Big Dreams to Pro Debut   [View Full Version]
emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Like any mixed martial artist just beginning his pro career, Nick Newell has big dreams.

He wants to go as far as his mind can imagine, win a few belts, make some nice paydays, fight in a big promotion like DREAM, Strikeforce, even the UFC.

But Newell won't only have to overcome opponents to get there; he'll have to overcome a physical disability. The 23-year-old lightweight fighter, who will be making his pro debut this Saturday at a Cage Fighting Xtreme show in Plymouth, Mass., was born without a left hand. His arm ends just below the elbow.

STORY

KUTTER » Posted 6/16/09 3:26:00PM

DAMN... Well he's got heart. Never know he might actually shock some people. I recall something on news while ago bout a HS wrestler that was basically a torso that dominated in his weight class.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Posted by KUTTER

DAMN... Well he's got heart. Never know he might actually shock some people. I recall something on news while ago bout a HS wrestler that was basically a torso that dominated in his weight class.

Possibly the same guy that made his MMA debut a few weeks/couple months back?

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

dream fight!!!

kyle maynard vs nick newell!!!!

[View Full Version of this Page]