MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Refocused Jorge Gurgel guarantees win over Conor Heun in Strikeforce debut   [View Full Version]
MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

After watching Brazilian-born Jorge Gurgel (12-5) competing for the past three years inside the UFC's famed octagon, watching the "TUF 2" veteran step onto another fight surface will certainly be an odd sight.

But that's exactly what the Ohio resident will do on Friday night as Gurgel meets a streaking Conor Heun (8-2) on the main card of "Strikeforce Challengers: Villasenor vs. Cyborg" at the ShoWare Center in Kent, Wash.

While still disappointed to have been released by the UFC, Gurgel recently told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio) that he believes his move to Strikeforce has brought fresh life into his seven-year-old career.

LINK

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Well if he uses the same game plan of just standing and trading he's going to guarantee another loss.

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA » Posted 1/8/08 1:42:00AM

he will end up standing and wanging no doubt .

slapshot » Posted 6/22/07 2:16:00PM

At this point is it to late? I mean dose anyone have any enthusiasm for a Jorge Gurel comeback? I think he kind of missed the last bus out of town with his last fight and Im not to sure he's going to bring in any fans to Strikeforce.

I guess people might check his fight out just to see if he can be successful there but if he loses again I think he was a bad acquisition because any marketability he had will completely dissolve.

I hope he dose win, Id like to see him start putting it together even though I dont think my perspective is shared by many fans and I think there are a few fights they can make there for him if he dose win a few in a row.

Good luck Jorge

gnl68 » Posted 6/30/07 8:13:00AM

Man this move should be almost a relief to Jorge.While he did ok in the ufc,he just couldn't use his bjj like i thought he should and would.His striking is only average and this move should certainly bring some fresh air to him.

whardin19 » Posted 7/25/07 9:08:00PM

This guy is one of the most frustrating guys to watch fight. He's got excellent ground skills and tries to keep his fights standing. He's up there with Sean Sherk in my opinion. Both have stupid game plans.

AchillesHeel » Posted 2/3/07 10:04:00AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Well if he uses the same game plan of just standing and trading he's going to guarantee another loss.

I'm literally betting on it.

Jiu-Jitsu101 » Posted 6/15/09 10:40:00PM

Thank god... I love this website. People actually knwo that Gurgeal is the dumbest fighter out of anyone. I mean he has great jiu jitsu yet he stands up with every fighter. I dont blame Dana for not taking him. Oh well thats why he wont ever be a belt holder.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

i love how strikeforce gets gurcel like a day after he is cut but fighters like tim boetsch and jason mcdonald strikeforce doesn't wheel and deal for them
crazy huh!!

[View Full Version of this Page]