MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Tim Sylvia Weighs In At 310 lbs For Mercer Fight Tonight !!!   [View Full Version]
MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

The June 12 weigh-in event for Adrenaline III ‘Bragging Rights,’ featuring Tim Sylvia versus Ray Mercer, is officially in the books. The troubled MMA card is set to take place tonight (June 13) at the BJCC Arena in Birmingham, Alabama.

All 28 fighters who tipped the scales yesterday made weight without incident — though former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia stunned the crowd with a scale-busting weight of 310 pounds for his MMA-turned-boxing-turned-MMA fight against former pugilist powerhouse Ray Mercer.

LINK

Aether » Posted 4/26/07 1:42:00AM

I have my doubts as to how much of that is muscle mass....

bustin_mma » Posted 2/7/08 7:05:00PM

What a joke!

Diesel209 » Posted 10/2/07 7:08:00PM

he was also knocked out in ten seconds

Edwards » Posted 4/2/08 3:25:00PM

i guess tim didn't think training was a smart thing for this fight which explains the 10 second ko by mercer.Not the tim i remember but hopefully learns his lesson in a big way.Just proves that you can't be a slacker and take ppl lightly in the sport of mma.i'm personally very dissapointed with tim and his 310lbs.

loffspring » Posted 5/5/07 6:25:00PM

Posted by Diesel209

he was also knocked out in ten seconds

kinda feel bad for the guy....power definitely is the last thing to go either that or Fedor beat him so bad he should have got 2 wins

motorboatensob » Posted 1/29/07 3:59:00PM

Maybe Fedor didn't step up his competiton after all first AA now big Tim goes down to a no body.

wrona666 » Posted 6/21/07 3:31:00PM

KO'ed in ten seconds that's the best news i have heard all day.....LOL

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

Posted by motorboatensob

Maybe Fedor didn't step up his competiton after all first AA now big Tim goes down to a no body.

Brett Rogers looks to be a very very tough opponent, remember everyones a nobody at first. As for this, well Tim found out that a guy who's been punching his whole life and spent years making it as powerful as he could can put you away, especially with the small gloves.

Posted by cmill21

Posted by motorboatensob

Brett Rogers looks to be a very very tough opponent, remember everyones a nobody at first. As for this, well Tim found out that a guy who's been punching his whole life and spent years making it as powerful as he could can put you away, especially with the small gloves.

IMO I don't think Brett Rogers would last against better fighters. The UFC caught so much crap for letting these guys go maybe they knew what they were doing all along. All I am saying is this dosn't help Fedor one bit with saying he is now fighting the best is the best get KO'ed in under a min by up and comers.

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

Posted by motorboatensob

Posted by cmill21

Posted by motorboatensob

IMO I don't think Brett Rogers would last against better fighters. The UFC caught so much crap for letting these guys go maybe they knew what they were doing all along. All I am saying is this dosn't help Fedor one bit with saying he is now fighting the best is the best get KO'ed in under a min by up and comers.

I dunno, he's a huge guy and we know he packs a huge punch. I think we'll see him make some noise against the top dogs.

Posted by cmill21

Posted by motorboatensob

Posted by cmill21

Posted by motorboatensob

I dunno, he's a huge guy and we know he packs a huge punch. I think we'll see him make some noise against the top dogs.

I hope he dose I would like to see more good HW. I would like to see more of them to challange each other.

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Posted by Kpro

It's hard to tell the fake....

[View Full Version of this Page]