MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
GOMI VS. BRETT COOPER IN WORKS FOR AFFLICTION 3   [View Full Version]
emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Japanese star Takanori Gomi is in advanced negotiations to face Brett Cooper at Affliction "Trilogy" on Aug. 1, MMAWeekly.com has learned from sources close to the fight.

Both parties have agreed to the match-up, though financial considerations are still being ironed out. The fight is being considered at a 165-pound weight limit.

STORY

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

i thought gomi wanted to go to the ufc,
might be better to fight in affliction with the rope arena in a cage he might not handle it

bojangalz » Posted 5/25/07 9:00:00PM

Cooper ftw

snakerattle79 » Posted 6/24/08 7:12:00PM

doesnt Matter if its in WW the fact that Cooper likes to Bang would fit in Gomi's style cause Gomi hits like a HW and will give the US fans what they want

RhythmAndStyle » Posted 1/25/08 3:12:00PM

they have Brett Cooper fighting Deividas Taurosevicius in the secondary league..but i think this match-up is alot better...

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

UPDATE: The fight isnt happeing because the fighters couldnt agree on a weight for the fight.

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

UPDATE: The fight isnt happeing because the fighters couldnt agree on a weight for the fight.

SOURCE

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

Actually, Gomi didn't agree. Cooper agreed to catchweight (possibly 165) but Gomi didn't want to move up.

loller90278 » Posted 1/16/07 3:05:00PM

they better bring someone in for gomi, and fast!

this card is going to be amazing

Wolfenstein » Posted 12/13/07 3:31:00AM

Seems like Brett dodged a bullet there, which is a good thing since Coop is awesome. His bout with Rory Markham is one of my favorite fights of all time. No doubt he has the chin to go three rounds with Gomi, but the difference in hand speed would have been immediatley apparent.

If they end up putting Gomi in the show--this event could rival just about any UFC show--minus UFC 100 of course.

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Posted by DCRage

Actually, Gomi didn't agree. Cooper agreed to catchweight (possibly 165) but Gomi didn't want to move up.

So the fighters couldn't agree.....

[View Full Version of this Page]