MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > General MMA Talk
What Happened to Kevin Randleman?   [View Full Version]
Dastardly1 » Posted 1/29/08 9:00:00PM

Randleman looked tired after the first round. He is a much better wrestler than Mike Whitehead but yet he didn't stuff or stop any takedowns and got mounted twice. How much does he have left?

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

I still can't believe they gave him a gift decision over Kawamura.

At least when my dog dry humps my leg, it uses its paws a little too.

seanfu » Posted 11/4/07 10:24:00AM

I'm wagering that tomorrow he reveals a 30 pound weight cut or something because the guys upper body was massive. he looked bigger than 240 Arlovski, of coarse shorter, but still very big. If he fought at HW and shed some upper body muscle to the legs he'd give a decent performance.

It was one of the ugliest fights I've ever seen.

lohmann » Posted 6/1/07 8:17:00AM

37 years old. Inconsistent schedule for four years. Banged up from illnesses, injuries, and painkillers. Lacking a well-rounded skill set to keep up with the evolution of MMA and mask his age.

I like Randleman more than I used to, but I wish he should seriously contemplate retirement.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

I was very surprised to see him as the Overwhelming favorite going into the whitehead fight. Randleman hasnt looked all that great in years.

Lohmann hit it in the head.

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

I actually thought he fought better than I was expecting him to.
I mean look at all the stuff he's been through and even now he's still one hard dude to finish off.
Props to Whitehead for the win,but I gotta say I think Randleman on his worst day from the PRIDE era would have won this easy.

I would love to see Kevin have at least one more fight against someone coming down the ladder like him.

NatedawgThaM » Posted 6/25/07 5:46:00PM

OMG HE FREAKIN HAD HIM! Randleman should have won by stoppage in the 3rd. Randleman should have killed him. He just wouldn't let his hands go, he was gun shy. And I think those nerves effected his cardio greatly too. I mean his conditioning has never been great but thats mostly because he usually starts out crazy. But he didnt this time and in an interview he even said he was nervous, so I think that contributed greatly to the gun shyness and gassing.

No excuse, but i was so disappointed he didnt finish him. I hope he watches this fight and sees how much potential he has. Even after this fight I still think Randleman good still do real well. He just needs to relax and let them hands go. Anybody else would have destroyed Whitehead in the 3rd by going all out because they were down. Sucks to see Randleman couldnt finish him. I hope he comes back gun a blazing.

Franklinfan47 » Posted 5/20/07 4:03:00PM

Posted by lohmann

37 years old. Inconsistent schedule for four years. Banged up from illnesses, injuries, and painkillers. Lacking a well-rounded skill set to keep up with the evolution of MMA and mask his age.

I like Randleman more than I used to, but I wish he should seriously contemplate retirement.

Agreed on all points. Randleman has just come to the end of his road imo. I may be one of the few thats not surprised at all that he lost. In fact, I had Whitehead by submission

telnights » Posted 6/21/07 4:17:00PM

Randleman almost died little of a year ago from staph. He has also had a lot of other medical issues. Top that off with his age and its bad for Randleman. I thought he would do a lot worse than he did. I'm shocked and disappointed in Whitehead's performance in the fight just as much as I was surprised how well Randleman did with the issue he has had past few years.

deezyo » Posted 5/3/07 1:35:00PM

age and old injuries....he would not throw any punches, i was waiting for him to explode

[View Full Version of this Page]