MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Leonard Garcia Returns at WEC 42 to Face Jameel Massouh   [View Full Version]
MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

A featherweight bout has been added to the next WEC show slated for Aug 9 as former top contender, "Bad Boy" Leonard Garcia returns to action to face Jameel Massouh

Garcia steps back into the WEC cage for the first time since suffering a loss to current champion, Mike Brown, in a title fight back in March.

His opponent, Jameel Massouh, will make his second appearance in the WEC, after suffering a loss in his debut bout against top ten featherweight, Rafael Assuncao.

LINK

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Im taking the bad boy to win this fight with a tko or something.

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

Wow, with how upright and chin-up Massouh's stand-up defense looked in his last fight? To put him in with Garcia is slaughter.

lohmann » Posted 6/1/07 8:17:00AM

Garcia should serve Massouh the pink slip.

If Garcia and Aldo win their next fights, I think that would make an interesting fight as Fabiano seems to be the next fighter in line for a crack at the featherweight title.

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

Posted by lohmann

Garcia should serve Massouh the pink slip.

If Garcia and Aldo win their next fights, I think that would make an interesting fight as Fabiano seems to be the next fighter in line for a crack at the featherweight title.

I don't have a link but I remember reading Aldo/Swanson winner would get the next shot against the winner of Brown/Faber; so Fabiano might not be next, he might be the one facing Garcia.

I agree that would be a great fight though.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Aldo will get the next shot and be the next champ.

ncordless » Posted 4/8/07 11:09:00PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

He will KO either one.

Wolfenstein » Posted 12/13/07 3:31:00AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I dunno, they'll probably just give the loser of Faber vs Brown a matchup with Pulver, and then do the same thing again--hopefully not, but the FW division just seems to play host to rematches more often than not.

Glad to see Garcia back--I think this is the perfect matchup for Leonard. Should be competetive, but I don't think Jameel can overwhelm him with anything in his arsenal. If he's going to win, it will probably be by capitalizing on a mistake by Garcia.

[View Full Version of this Page]