MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Who do you think won the fight?
Forum Opinion Poll
Matt Hughes 39 61%
Matt Serra 25 39%

Matt Serra still disagrees with UFC 98 decision loss, currently unsure of next move   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
xphycorx » Posted 7/3/07 12:48:00AM

Serra: "But personally, I thought I won the first and third rounds. That's just how I feel about it."

linky link

dangerfield » Posted 6/25/08 8:43:00AM

I agree with him, I thought that though Huges controlled most of the third he did nothing with it, Serra did more when he got the fight to the ground with that 'money takedown' but what they hey it wasn't dominant in any way so nevermind

It's a shame he finds the cut to 155 so hard, he'd be more of a force down there with guys his own size.

mentalcase » Posted 1/23/08 2:35:00AM

Serra made more effort to finish but Hughes sucsessfuly held him down and stalled for some of the fight and unfortunately that gets you more point in the UFC

fizzle » Posted 12/23/08 10:54:00PM

Yeah, i felt Serra did more during the entire fight than Hughes did at all period. But this is not how UFC scores rounds, even Hughes seemed like he didn't think he won right after the fight ended. That is the way the cookie crumbles, i hope Serra doesn't retire but drops to LW where size won't be such a disadvantage to him. Hughes i could care less whether he retires or not, he hasn't evolved or at least shown the ability to adapt to the new blood of the the mma game. If he continues down this path he won't be able to hold everyone down for three round and will get KO'd fairly squarely once matched up with a solid striker.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

After rocking Hughes early in the fight, the first round was undeniably Serra's.

Did I miss something? I don't remember Hughes getting "rocked" in the 1st. I remember them butting heads accidentally but I remember no rocking.

Posted by emfleek

After rocking Hughes early in the fight, the first round was undeniably Serra's.

Did I miss something? I don't remember Hughes getting "rocked" in the 1st. I remember them butting heads accidentally but I remember no rocking.

surely that's when he rocked him

They clashed head serra threw a right caught him glancingly and Hughes was on queer street

You can dispute the legality of the contact but not the rocking, Hughes didn't even know he was floored

Posted by dangerfield

Posted by emfleek

They clashed head serra threw a right caught him glancingly and Hughes was on queer street

You can dispute the legality of the contact but not the rocking, Hughes didn't even know he was floored

I'm not disputing the fact that Hughes was dazed momentarily. I'm disputing the fact that something Serra did caused it. It was an inadvertant rocking, so to speak.

By the way...best avatar ever.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

I personally think that it was a close fight and im betting the judges had a hard time with this one!!!!

Posted by emfleek

Posted by dangerfield

Posted by emfleek

I'm not disputing the fact that Hughes was dazed momentarily. I'm disputing the fact that something Serra did caused it. It was an inadvertant rocking, so to speak.

By the way...best avatar ever.

Ah i getcha now!

Oh and cheers

Aaronno9 » Posted 10/10/07 2:09:00PM

I thought Hughes won every round, stand up and on the ground. Only thing I really scored for Serra was his follow up to the headbutt, and considering he couldnt even finish Hughes, who had no idea where he was/what was happening, I dont really think you can score that to highly.

Posted by Aaronno9

I thought Hughes won every round, stand up and on the ground. Only thing I really scored for Serra was his follow up to the headbutt, and considering he couldnt even finish Hughes, who had no idea where he was/what was happening, I dont really think you can score that to highly.

I agree.

nickcuc547 » Posted 1/27/07 12:52:00PM

i dislike serra so much that i can't give an objective analysis of hte fight, obviously i thought hughes won and the most effective offense serra mounted was mean mugging hughes and yelling come on, guys a joke.

MMAMoneyLine » Posted 6/5/09 10:18:00AM

I like Serra, but he has to start finishing people off. All the credit in the world for the St. Pierre KO, but I think he'd be better served KOing and subbing lightweights.

TNPanther78 » Posted 5/10/09 12:03:00PM

Matt Huges controlled Serra, most of the time in the 2nd ,and third, Serra was wanting a stand up war, hughes just wanted the win.

Brain_Smasher » Posted 1/27/07 9:19:00PM

Even after Hughes was all but KOed by the headbutt. Serra still couldnt do anything to him. I highly doubt getting knocked out by a headbutt made Hughes better or had no effect. Hughes was hurt so bad he legs were rubber and he was pulling guard to survive. Yet he was still the better fighter. Serra needs to quit bitching about the decision. If it was Hughes who knocked Serra out with a head but and got an unfair advantage early. Then he would have raped Serra and pounded him out inside the distance.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]