MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Sokoudjou: "I should have stopped"   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
xphycorx » Posted 7/3/07 12:48:00AM

Sokoudjou delivered several ground-and-pound blows to opponent Jan Nortje (2-6) well after the referee had attempted to halt the contest.

linky link

SpiderSilva » Posted 7/10/07 6:44:00PM

He should have been DQed for not stoping

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

fizzle » Posted 12/23/08 10:54:00PM

True, he should have stopped and he should have been DQ'd, but that would screw up the Super Hulk tourney and we can't have that...

DaMaGeInC » Posted 6/2/07 3:04:00AM

and Jan should have been pointed for grabbing the rope 3 time on possible take downs 2 wrongs dont make a right but most of those extra blows sokoudjou threw never landed flush, but i agree you cant do that **** bad sokoudjou bad

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

I'm trying to say this in the most respectful manner possible, and I'm not suggesting anything to defame Soko's character at all. I say the following things merely for the sake of conversation here-

This raises some interesting questions about Soko to me. He has never lost in Japan, and he looked really good cardio wise in this fight despite a gigantic man leaning on him in the clinch for a good couple minutes. Anybody who has ever clinched with someone that much larger than them knows how much that can tire you out. The surprisingly good cardio he displayed coupled with the excessive rage displayed at the end, and the fact that Soko has never lost in Japan it just raises some questions.

I just can't see why a fighter would continue to beat on someone like that. The announcers made mention of it in the fight, even- You're kind of relying on the other guy being a good sportsman when you step in there. Sucks to see people abusing that

Sir_Karl » Posted 9/7/07 9:27:00PM

I was shocked. Incidents like that are the reason for Athletic Commissions. Something should be done. I am not sure what they have for A.C.s in Japan considering the debacles they put on with the likes of Bob Sapp, giants and masked fighters etc. Sokoudjou did go far overboard though. He obviously was out of control and should appropriately be reprimanded. He seemed so timid and non aggressive in the UFC. One of the gentlemen above me may have a point.

Wolfenstein » Posted 12/13/07 3:31:00AM

I have to say, Jackelope has a pretty valid point, but the fight didn't last that long--and his two other big victories that essentially launched him to MMA stardom lasted less than two minutes each--so I'm not too sure his cardio was any better, but certainly it looked like the rage...

I haven't witnessed such a bad display of sportsmanship in a long time. He was circling around the refferee to get at him even as the ref hovered over Jan to protect him. It was at least a good ten seconds of extra uncalled for punches. It looked like he was out to kill the guy. As a martial artist you need to have some semblance of restraint. He's lucky this didn't take place in the US, because I don't think he would be fighting for a very long time.

DaMaGeInC » Posted 6/2/07 3:04:00AM

Dana would have givin him the chop and told him never to come back as we seen with Babalu after the Heath fight.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

in the states he would have been suspended and fined

bayonetxwork » Posted 2/2/07 7:39:00AM

hmm, i couldn't really see him doing that..he's seemed like a good sport. does anyone have a link to this video?

TNPanther78 » Posted 5/10/09 12:03:00PM

Posted by bayonetxwork

hmm, i couldn't really see him doing that..he's seemed like a good sport. does anyone have a link to this video?

Ditto about the link.

im2fast4u1981 » Posted 1/24/07 10:36:00PM

i seen the fight...i lost all respect for Sokoudjou...he landed 4 or 5 blows after the ref jumped in..i hope he gets his ass beat everytime he fights....dana would have flipped out over that...the commision would have fined and suspended him.......

Copenhagen » Posted 4/16/07 12:41:00PM

Posted by TNPanther78

Posted by bayonetxwork

Ditto about the link.

The fight video is in our MMA Videos section.

Link

GSPCanada » Posted 3/15/08 9:03:00PM

your all quick to say thats why we need ac's and dana this dana that, but we saw rampage hit wanderlei when he was COMPLETELY defenseless and we saw bj hold onto jens' neck for an extended period of time.

ya what sokoudju did was worse and i dotn condone it at all, but he did do a comparable action to the two abovementioned superstars, the other 2 were just better at covering it up because they had insincere checkups in rampage's case and a hug in bjs case but im sure their opponents felt the same way about their sportsmanship as we do bout sokoudjou's

CwB » Posted 2/27/07 2:05:00PM

Posted by GSPCanada

your all quick to say thats why we need ac's and dana this dana that, but we saw rampage hit wanderlei when he was COMPLETELY defenseless and we saw bj hold onto jens' neck for an extended period of time.

ya what sokoudju did was worse and i dotn condone it at all, but he did do a comparable action to the two abovementioned superstars, the other 2 were just better at covering it up because they had insincere checkups in rampage's case and a hug in bjs case but im sure their opponents felt the same way about their sportsmanship as we do bout sokoudjou's

To me there is a big difference between the end of soko's fight compared to 2 or 3 seconds of bj holding the choke too long and two extra punches from rampage

plus those two fights were grudge matches.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]