MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Tim Sylvia vs. Paul Buentello fight confirmed for Affliction 3 on Aug. 1   [View Full Version]
MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia (24-5) is indeed booked to return to action against Paul Buentello (27-10) at Affliction 3: “Trilogy” at the Honda Center in Los Angeles, Calif., on Aug. 1, 2009.

The long-rumored bout was recently confirmed by MMAFanhouse.com with promotion officials.

Sylvia has been on the shelf since getting steamrolled by Fedor Emelianenko at Affliction “Banned” in July 2008. That’s more than a year of inactivity, which could be a factor when “The Maine-iac” finally steps back into the ring on fight night.

He will, however, have a little tune up before his meeting with Buentello … if that’s what you want to call it.

LINK

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

i like this matchup.

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

Posted by Kpro

i like this matchup.

Khaos » Posted 6/27/07 8:20:00PM

Honestly I think The headhunter will win this fight, a year layoff will take a toll, and I think Paul has the better striking. My prediction is Paul Buentello by UD.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Time to go head huntin'

Paul wins this fight because he is a faster striker and lighter on his feet and can throw kicks. He will just be too much for Sylvia unless Timmy lands a big shot, but I wouldnt bank on that.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Good fight I hope Paul wins but I honestly dont think it will happen!!!!

mk1630 » Posted 5/29/07 2:40:00PM

Im excited for this matchup. I hope Paul wins it. Im trying to figure out why this fight never happened in the UFC back a few years ago.

Aaronno9 » Posted 10/10/07 2:09:00PM

Good good. Big Tim, UD.

I dont know whether Tims heart is in the game anymore tbh. He thrived on being the champ, or getting a shot at becoming the champ. Now he must know hes most likely never going to be champ again it might be hard for him to motivate himself to preform.

Sir_Karl » Posted 9/7/07 9:27:00PM

This should be a great fight. I see Sylvia winning via KO but it could go the other way. The Headhunter is no joke really. He throws some serious bones. If he catches Sylvia with a good one......? It should be exciting though. This is the kind of fight you want to last for a few rounds.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

i called this match

lil timmy hasn't knocked anyone out since andre, and that was years ago
i think paul will knock tim out

187 » Posted 5/31/09 9:00:00AM

Like most people who stand in front of Tim, Buentello will probably look like a deer in the headlights

telnights » Posted 6/21/07 4:17:00PM

Tim's main thing that won him a lot of fights is his reach and He wont have much of one in this fight. Paul has the better stand up if you ask me. I see Paul putting Tim down in this fight as Tim isn't the same fighter he was 3-4 years ago and Paul has gotten better. I don't feel Tim is even a top 10 anymore.

chickmagnet » Posted 7/5/07 2:53:00PM

Tim UD, He has a longer reach. He is more powerful, and is far bigger than Buentello.

[View Full Version of this Page]