Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Tim Sylvia vs. Paul Buentello fight confirmed for Affliction 3 on Aug. 1   [View Full Version]
MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia (24-5) is indeed booked to return to action against Paul Buentello (27-10) at Affliction 3: “Trilogy” at the Honda Center in Los Angeles, Calif., on Aug. 1, 2009.

The long-rumored bout was recently confirmed by with promotion officials.

Sylvia has been on the shelf since getting steamrolled by Fedor Emelianenko at Affliction “Banned” in July 2008. That’s more than a year of inactivity, which could be a factor when “The Maine-iac” finally steps back into the ring on fight night.

He will, however, have a little tune up before his meeting with Buentello … if that’s what you want to call it.

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

i like this matchup.

If I was 50 years younger I'd kick your ass!

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

Posted by Kpro

i like this matchup.

Khaos » Posted 6/27/07 8:20:00PM

Honestly I think The headhunter will win this fight, a year layoff will take a toll, and I think Paul has the better striking. My prediction is Paul Buentello by UD.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Time to go head huntin'

Paul wins this fight because he is a faster striker and lighter on his feet and can throw kicks. He will just be too much for Sylvia unless Timmy lands a big shot, but I wouldnt bank on that.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Good fight I hope Paul wins but I honestly dont think it will happen!!!!

mk1630 » Posted 5/29/07 2:40:00PM

Im excited for this matchup. I hope Paul wins it. Im trying to figure out why this fight never happened in the UFC back a few years ago.

Aaronno9 » Posted 10/10/07 2:09:00PM

Good good. Big Tim, UD.

I dont know whether Tims heart is in the game anymore tbh. He thrived on being the champ, or getting a shot at becoming the champ. Now he must know hes most likely never going to be champ again it might be hard for him to motivate himself to preform.

Sir_Karl » Posted 9/7/07 9:27:00PM

This should be a great fight. I see Sylvia winning via KO but it could go the other way. The Headhunter is no joke really. He throws some serious bones. If he catches Sylvia with a good one......? It should be exciting though. This is the kind of fight you want to last for a few rounds.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

i called this match

lil timmy hasn't knocked anyone out since andre, and that was years ago
i think paul will knock tim out

187 » Posted 5/31/09 9:00:00AM

Like most people who stand in front of Tim, Buentello will probably look like a deer in the headlights

telnights » Posted 6/21/07 4:17:00PM

Tim's main thing that won him a lot of fights is his reach and He wont have much of one in this fight. Paul has the better stand up if you ask me. I see Paul putting Tim down in this fight as Tim isn't the same fighter he was 3-4 years ago and Paul has gotten better. I don't feel Tim is even a top 10 anymore.

MMA Playground Mod

chickmagnet » Posted 7/5/07 2:53:00PM

Tim UD, He has a longer reach. He is more powerful, and is far bigger than Buentello.

[View Full Version of this Page]