MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Robert Drysdale Misses Out On TUF Due To Brain Aneurysm   [View Full Version]
MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

ADCC 2007 openweight champion, Robert Drysdale was training hard for the 2009 edition of the tournament and trying to participate at The Ultimate Fighter reality show, but, when he was doing the medical exams, a surprise. “I was trying to enter the reality show, but I found out I’m with a brain aneurysm”, revealed Drysdale, to TATAME.com.

LINK

Wolfenstein » Posted 12/13/07 3:31:00AM

Awful news--he was a shoe in as in the winner of next season's TUF. It seems like next season is going to have some serious talent. Here's to hoping he can get himself fixed up, and take the UFC by storm, much in the way Demian Maia is doing now.

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

wow.. that sucks. He could have been next season's Vinny Magalhaes

chitownsfinest15 » Posted 12/21/07 1:15:00PM

tough break , but i also think the next show will be loaded with talent....

scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

The link didn't work for me...but Santino Defranco from TUF9 is living proof that you can (at least in some cases) have the aneurysm operated on and "fixed" well enough to fight. Let's hope that's the case here.

lll-lll » Posted 7/13/07 10:19:00AM

Such a shame. I enjoy watching high level BJJ in MMA matches. I wish more would cross over and put the effort into cross training.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

he probably would have won tuf

[View Full Version of this Page]