MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Off Topic > Off Topic
Pacquiao vs. Hatton   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Pookie

Ive been saying it for awhile, but Pacquiao's lateral movement and handspeed is going to be too much for floyd. Mayweather relies on the fact that hes much faster than everyone he faces, and that allows him to use the philly shell defense in an almost impenatrable manner, but manny is just as fast as him if not faster. Hes going to land shots that normally Mayweather would be able to parry. And hes going to outwork him.

That is if Mayweather makes it past Marquez... who is a beast in himself and a great bet if he gets to +175

I'll av bet you when that Mayweather Vs. Pacquiao fight goes down, if it does. I don't count Manny out at all, but I think once Pacquiao's punching power fades in the latter rounds then Mayweather will turn it up and out point him for the UD.

This is all subject to a big IF the fight happens, of course. I still think Mayweather is faster than Pacman

Ill take that. Mayweather even may be a bit faster, but i think its the descrepancy in hand and reflex speed that allows mayweather to skate by unscaythed agaisnt slower guys. Match his speed and it creates openings in his defense.

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Pookie

Ive been saying it for awhile, but Pacquiao's lateral movement and handspeed is going to be too much for floyd. Mayweather relies on the fact that hes much faster than everyone he faces, and that allows him to use the philly shell defense in an almost impenatrable manner, but manny is just as fast as him if not faster. Hes going to land shots that normally Mayweather would be able to parry. And hes going to outwork him.

That is if Mayweather makes it past Marquez... who is a beast in himself and a great bet if he gets to +175

I'll av bet you when that Mayweather Vs. Pacquiao fight goes down, if it does. I don't count Manny out at all, but I think once Pacquiao's punching power fades in the latter rounds then Mayweather will turn it up and out point him for the UD.

This is all subject to a big IF the fight happens, of course. I still think Mayweather is faster than Pacman

Ill take that. Mayweather even may be a bit faster, but i think its the descrepancy in hand and reflex speed that allows mayweather to skate by unscaythed agaisnt slower guys. Match his speed and it creates openings in his defense.

This will be my very first AV bet, lol. I'm not too big on doing them, but I think this is the most interesting possible matchup in boxing today, and adding some stakes makes it all the better

The_Metal_Maniac » Posted 1/21/07 10:08:00PM

Manny vs.Floyd is inevitable. Floyd will make it past Marquez. Marquez is a great fighter, but he's moving up in weight and he's just not on the same playing field as Floyd.

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Pookie

This will be my very first AV bet, lol. I'm not too big on doing them, but I think this is the most interesting possible matchup in boxing today, and adding some stakes makes it all the better

Lets up the stakes Jack

Drop the avatar bet and lets play for pink slips.

Pac-man wins American Top Team gets you for a season, and if Floyd wins you guys get me for a season

ncordless » Posted 4/8/07 11:09:00PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Pookie

Lets up the stakes Jack

Pac-man wins American Top Team gets you for a season, and if Floyd wins you guys get me for a season

That is some serious bizness!

NatedawgThaM » Posted 6/25/07 5:46:00PM

Posted by moob

Posted by NatedawgThaM

IMO I think hatton was just too dumb. I don't think he even tried to listen to Floyd at all. It was the same old Hatton who just throws himself at people and tries to hug them and smother them. It only works against fast guys who can't punch like Pauly, or strong guys with no speed like Urango who can't catch him. But when he actually fights somebody who's slick with good speed and great power he gets caught every time. He needs to use head movement and a jab to help him not get caught coming in. But I think he's just too use to his style.

Saying that, he's only been defeated twice in 47 fights - not too bad for someone so 'dumb'.

Well it is dumb when you say your going to do something in a fight and don't do di and funny when it's the reason you lost and got KTFO.

Moob I remember you said you english so I should have known youd be for your boys Hatton & Joe haha. Gotta love Nationalism! Why this season of tuf is pretty sweet too!!! USA!!!

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

Posted by Pookie

Lets up the stakes Jack

That's a pretty damn interesting bet on a fight! I'm loyal to the Nutthuggers suck, but I admit I'm intrigued. I'll have to run it by the camp and see what they think. Also, you sure your camp is down?

kaskd » Posted 4/8/07 8:57:00PM

hahaha man i'm so torn now! I'm normally always on Pookie's side but this one I really don't know. Mayweather's counter punching style is going to be a good match against Pacquiao. True Pacquiao has the speed, but Mayweather's movements are so subtle it's ridiculous. Mayweather's head is always an inch away and rarely gets clocked. I earnestly want Mayweather to win this fight. I hate cocky fighters normally, but it's fun having someone so mythical.

I'm not going to make any predictions now. We'll see how Mayweather fares in his next fight and then I'll make a pick.

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Pookie

Lets up the stakes Jack

That's a pretty damn interesting bet on a fight! I'm loyal to the Nutthuggers suck, but I admit I'm intrigued. I'll have to run it by the camp and see what they think. Also, you sure your camp is down?

I'm down...Floyd will win so we'll get pookie for a season ahaha. It's the perfect fight, agressive vs passive, the counter fighter against a guy who likes to push the action. That being said, Floyd's bigger faster, and all in all, a better boxer, Manny has the edge in power, but you have to hit Floyd, which is damn near impossible.

Amigop » Posted 10/6/08 12:44:00AM

id take pac man over floyd. me and the rest of the mexican community refuse to beilve mayweather won the decsion over DLH. o yea and floyd was on the wwe. nuff said

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Pookie

Lets up the stakes Jack

Pac-man wont lose this fight so im not worried, but if the **** hits the fan ATT is more than a strong enough camp without me. In fact im kind of holding down our average right now .

But if youre adamant that you guys are inseperable id be willing to take in your whole team when Floyd falters.

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

FULL VIDEO OF THE FIGHT HERE!

moob » Posted 2/24/07 2:39:00PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by moob

Posted by NatedawgThaM

IMO I think hatton was just too dumb. I don't think he even tried to listen to Floyd at all. It was the same old Hatton who just throws himself at people and tries to hug them and smother them. It only works against fast guys who can't punch like Pauly, or strong guys with no speed like Urango who can't catch him. But when he actually fights somebody who's slick with good speed and great power he gets caught every time. He needs to use head movement and a jab to help him not get caught coming in. But I think he's just too use to his style.

Saying that, he's only been defeated twice in 47 fights - not too bad for someone so 'dumb'.

Well it is dumb when you say your going to do something in a fight and don't do di and funny when it's the reason you lost and got KTFO.

Moob I remember you said you english so I should have known youd be for your boys Hatton & Joe haha. Gotta love Nationalism! Why this season of tuf is pretty sweet too!!! USA!!!

Yeah, cause that doesn't happen in just about every other combative sport. How many fighters say they are gonna 'take the fight to him and KO him' in the UFC, only to do the exact opposite?

Another thing, I'm not English, I'm Scottish.

MMA » Posted 1/13/07 11:38:00AM

Mayweather vs. Pacquiao anyone?

hippysmacker » Posted 1/15/07 9:10:00PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Pookie

Lets up the stakes Jack

Sorry. No. Our camp is not open to new recruits. Thanks for the thought thought. You will just have to make do with an Av bet.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Pages: 1 [2] 3

[View Full Version of this Page]