MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Ricardo Arona To Possibly Fight For Strikeforce In July   [View Full Version]
MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Two years ago Ricardo Arona (13-5) fought Rameau Thierry Sokoukjou at defunct PRIDE 34 “Kamikaze” in Saitama Super Arena in Japan. The African Assassin shocked the MMA world with a 1:59 first round knockout.

Since then, Arona took some time off and many rumours over his return were spread through websites from all over the world. Now Arona is ready to return in September and wants to fight in July in the USA. No organization was named but all the signs point to Strikeforce.

LINK

tomp6581 » Posted 1/29/07 10:53:00AM

Glad to see him back. Two years is a long time off.

His next fight will be good just to see his condition. I would give him Randleman.

amicali » Posted 3/10/07 11:19:00AM

Sweet!!

This guys style is made for the american rules. Relentless, no gettin tangled up in ropes, oh and did I mention elbows???

I think we'll see him in top contention again depending on condition after the time off. Give him babalu or ortiz!!

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Posted by amicali

Sweet!!

This guys style is made for the american rules. Relentless, no gettin tangled up in ropes, oh and did I mention elbows???

I think we'll see him in top contention again depending on condition after the time off. Give him babalu or ortiz!!

Unfortunately, I don't believe Strikeforce allows elbows on the ground.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

crazy that no one wanted to sign this guy for 2 years

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

SF is making it happen

Hendo67 » Posted 11/18/08 1:59:00PM

I was wondering what the heck Arona was doing, haha. It's about time for him to get back to fighting.

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

crazy that no one wanted to sign this guy for 2 years

But has he been wanting to fight ?

CwB » Posted 2/27/07 2:05:00PM

WHO??? oh yeah i remember that guy from way back when...

seriously though was his last fight at the last pride event when he lost to soko???

that is one long lay off ring rust will definitely be a factor. good to see his name again though

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

Hope he makes a strong comeback.
Can't wait to see him in the cage!

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

This is a guy that's fallen off most people's radar, but he could easily come back in and dominate Strikeforce, IMO. I am willing to bet he could dominate half of the UFC's LHW roster, too

ncordless » Posted 4/8/07 11:09:00PM

It will be interesting to see if he's still got it. He is the closest match Fedor ever had and as good a grappler as anyone in mma history.

[View Full Version of this Page]