Who you got?
Forum Opinion Poll
Silva by KO/TKO 34 47%
Silva by Decision 11 15%
Silva by Sub 2 3%
Griffin by KO/TKO 3 4%
Griffin by Decision 23 32%
Griffin by Sub 0 0%

Forrest Griffin vs. Anderson Silva (not Thiago Silva) targeted for UFC 101   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Aether » Posted 4/26/07 1:42:00AM

One bad shoulder doesn't compare to 2 bad knees. Even to one bad knee. That's your support structure.

Blizzard » Posted 7/8/07 12:34:00PM

Posted by Mayhem13

Please let this happen!!!!

And top it off with Thiago vs Cane!!!!!

Great couple of matches. Can't wait.

billycarnage » Posted 7/30/07 3:23:00PM

For a while I was content with Silva going undefeated for the rest of his career, now I think a loss at 205 would be good for him. I hope Griffin can take him the distance. This is a good match up because Griffin's style will push the pace and it is tough to counter. Silva is so quick that he may be able to catch him. I dont see Silva dominating the clinch like he did to Franklin. This will be a big fight. They both have so much to gain from this. to Dana!

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Posted by Wolf

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

Posted by DCRage

Interesting...well, at least it's still a Silva he's facing. Anderson had better keep those dancing shoes on considering what Forrest was able to do to Rua as the super-heavy underdog.

remember Rua wasnt 100% in that match..this should be an 1st or 2nd rounder for Silva...

Neither was Forrest. Forrest's shoulder was as bad as Rua's knee. That makes them about even.

Lot's of people seem to overlook this...

Hadn't heard about this until now

WheelchairBandit » Posted 7/14/08 1:31:00AM

In a three rounder,I like Forrest by decision.I don't think ya'll realize what the size difference is going to be in this fight.Forrest DWARFED Rampage Jackson.I think Forrest takes Anderson down and roughs him up with ground and pound,and works a lot of dirty boxing up against the fence.It will be very hard for Silva to pull off his usual Thai plum antics against a guy who is going to be 2-3 inches taller and 20+ pounds heavier.

Could Anderson KO Forrest?You bet.But he's going to actually need to hit him to do that,and that's something he hasn't done to either of his last opponents.

WB.

warglory » Posted 2/4/07 2:44:00AM

SIlva via second round GnP.

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

IT'S OFFICIAL!!!!!

As expected a UFC 101 event will take place Aug. 8 at the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia, the UFC today announced.

The pay-per-view event marks the UFC's debut in the state of Pennsylvania, which only recently began the regulation of mixed-martial-arts events.

A light-heavyweight bout between UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva and former 205-pound title-holder Forrest Griffin, which MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) reported earlier today, has also been officially announced.

The bout, which happened only after the UFC scratched a Griffin vs. Thiago Silva matchup, will share co-main-event honors with a UFC lightweight championship bout between title-holder B.J. Penn and Kenny Florian, which was also officially announced today.

LINK

Bowen50 » Posted 6/21/07 12:42:00PM

i am really pulling for Forrest in this fight. he'll have a decent size/strength advantage. i think Forrest could use his wrestling to pull out a decision.

JimiMak » Posted 1/24/07 9:31:00PM

This should be an exciting fight. Ppl always overlook Forrest but he makes a war out of every match. This will be closer than most think.

AS is the obvious favorite but I don't think I'd bet the house either way.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

I think Forrest might have bit off a little more then he can chew!!!

coldchillin » Posted 6/29/07 11:55:00AM

should be a good little brawl. Forrest likes to scrap and he'll probably get caught.

Perfect fight to showcase The Spider's impeccable stand-up.

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

I'm really cheering for Forrest,but I say Anderson will take this bout.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Now get this.

Thiago Silva is suppose to face Keith Jardine.

Opponent swap for these 4 guys.

Wolf » Posted 1/14/07 11:32:00PM

Posted by Aether

One bad shoulder doesn't compare to 2 bad knees. Even to one bad knee. That's your support structure.

For a guy with 2 bad knees he was able to shoot pretty damn well. He was able to roll and move well enough too.

breakdown5 » Posted 1/15/07 7:35:00PM

This is an awesome fight. Really looking forward to it. Forrest will really fight smart hopefully, but still bring the fight to Silva. If Forrest gets too aggressive he will get rocked probably. August can't come soon enough.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

[View Full Version of this Page]