MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Melendez Not Waiting Around, Asks For Ishida   [View Full Version]
MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

When Gilbert Melendez knocked out Rodrigo Damm in Strikeforce a couple of weeks back, not only did he reassert his claim to be the No. 1 contender in the promotion's lightweight division, but he took a huge step forward in showing the same kind of dominance that had him ranked among the top three 155-pounders in the world just a short time ago.

LINK

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

thats what im talking about.

sclasclemski » Posted 3/28/09 12:47:00PM

I agree...I think Gilbert is great...he needs to defeat Thompson, as well as Strikeforce needs to bring in some top level Lightweights to validate the division. Maybe the UFC is right to hold their fighters to exclusive contracts...Most of Strikeforce's big names have been fighting over in Japan...doesn't help Strikeforce much.

lohmann » Posted 6/1/07 8:17:00AM

I'd like to see Melendez get an Ishida rematch more right now than a Thomson one. Their first fight was very close, and if he's as much improved as he says he is, he should be able to pull out a victory in a rematch.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

i dont blame him a rematch with ishida is better than say a match vs jorge gurgel

duggy » Posted 1/29/07 3:55:00PM

gil wins easy in the rematch

Gipper » Posted 1/11/08 3:14:00PM

i think ishida and thomson still have better wrestling but it looks like melendez has really found his range and should be able to stay away from the takedowns from both fighters. and we all know he can strike with the best of them and he hurts guys when he does it. both fights will be tough but i think gil has learned from the losses and can beat both ishida and thomson in rematchs

[View Full Version of this Page]