MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Bobby Lashley signs to fight super heavyweight Bob Sapp on June 27   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Former World Wrestling Entertainment star and up-and-coming mixed-martial-arts heavyweight fighter Bobby Lashley (2-0) will fight former NFL lineman and kickboxer Bob Sapp (10-3-1) on June 27.

Lashley, an American Top Team fighter, announced the super-heavyweight fight with a Monday Twitter posting.

LINK

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Your avatar makes me tingly in the pants.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

woah

Red-Dragon » Posted 6/23/07 8:48:00AM

Sapp could win this imo. Lashley needs to avoid all haymakers and just get the guy to the floor.

sclasclemski » Posted 3/28/09 12:47:00PM

sort of borderline ken shamrock/kimbo isn't it? Either way I'll watch it...hopefully bobby improves a crapload and then moves up to Strikeforce

babytater03 » Posted 8/28/07 10:32:00AM

Gotta give it to Sapp for staying the big money fights for so long.

chickmagnet » Posted 7/5/07 2:53:00PM

Sapp by KO, this will be incredible though.

loller90278 » Posted 1/16/07 3:05:00PM

i want this fight to be in japan, not mississippi

Jesse_Canadian_MMA » Posted 1/11/08 5:48:00PM

definitely going for Lashley and bummer I thought Lashley was going to try out for the next ultimate fighter

Mayhem13 » Posted 6/28/07 1:10:00AM

depends if Sapp shows up to fight or pick up a paycheck...when he is there to fight, he is actually pretty tough..and has a ton of power.

but it seems like recently he just shows up to get paid, and after he is hit a couple times he just gives up..

I will probably say Lashley by TKO, I dont think Sapp is in it to win anymore..but if he does show up..it will be a good fight!

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

That's two big ass dudes in a cage

Lashley should take this one pretty easily with his wrestling. Then again, if he tests it on the feet.. well, let's just say I couldn't think of very many people I would rather not get hit by than Sapp

LakieMan » Posted 2/25/09 6:55:00PM

Posted by Jackelope

That's two big ass dudes in a cage

Lashley should take this one pretty easily with his wrestling. Then again, if he tests it on the feet.. well, let's just say I couldn't think of very many people I would rather not get hit by than Sapp

No kidding, monsters in there, I can't wait for this, gonna be incredible. I say one of the two by ko, due to a swing and a miss and one of there triceps hits there jaw.lol

Khaos » Posted 6/27/07 8:20:00PM

Wow, what a crazy fight, I think I'm gonna go with Sapp here though, based on expierence and raw power.

crazedfan » Posted 8/3/07 5:23:00PM

Bobby Lashley via Superplex from the top, and the cage implodes ala Brock Lesnar and Big Show.

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

5-6 years ago I would have said this fight is really close but would give it to Sapp.
But from what I've seen of Sapp in the past few years he doesn't look as rock solid as he once did.
Sapp could win on his tremendous experince curve of Lashley,but I don't know how game he will be coming into this bout.

Lashley will have a greater chance for the simple fact he's hungry to make an impact.
But if Sapp comes in good Shape,Lashley better be ready for a war.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]