MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
MacDonald Inks Round 5 Deal   [View Full Version]
grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

The Fight Network has the info on Jason MacDonald signing a figurine deal with Round 5:

Pavelich Sports Entertainment is pleased to announce that Jason “The Athlete” MacDonald has signed a deal with toy manufacturer Round 5 MMA to create his very own action figure.

MacDonald, a native of Edmonton, Alberta, will now join a very exclusive and elite group of fighters that have all collaborated with Round 5 to produce some of the most detailed and unique MMA action figures in the world.

“Since we are based in Ontario, I am particularly excited that Jason MacDonald is the first Canadian to sign with Round 5,” said Damon Lau, Round 5 President and Co-Founder. “He is one of the most successful and popular MMA stars in the country and enjoys a strong following across North America.”

It is interesting that Round 5 is now reaching into the mid-tier level with their signings. The initial signings have been high profile: Couture, Matt Hughes, Wanderlei, Rampage, etc. When looking at the mid tier fighters, Round 5 may look to hit those fighters that have some degree of tenure with the UFC, giving them name recognition if not superstar status. Other factors like being a regional draw (MacDonald’s Canadian roots) may also be taken into consideration.

Link

manalito » Posted 3/19/07 12:48:00PM

who the hell wants that figure. If he werent Canadian, i doubt, no, i gaurantee no one would make a doll of him. Come on Round 5, you guys were doing good with the big names, and since you only let out 4 every couple of months, you need to go after the BIG DOGS! You need to go after Chuck, Shogun, Vitor, Henderson, Rashad, Forrest. If you were looking for Canadians, why the heck not GSP???

SpiderSilva » Posted 7/10/07 6:44:00PM

gsp? why not the new #1 T.V. show in canada the queef sisters they would make great figures

lol

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

bustin_mma » Posted 2/7/08 7:05:00PM

Why the hell Macdonald. He is a good fighter but cmon Macdonald?

KaibaThedon » Posted 3/25/09 9:45:00PM

Oooh!

Can't wait to get this one, and this just in:

Jonathan the Road Warrior Goulet action figure coming soon as well!

These puppies are going to sell like hot cakes!

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

motorboatensob » Posted 1/29/07 3:59:00PM

There are so many other big name fighters to come out with to have MacDonald. Plus they only come out with like five at a time.

Mayhem13 » Posted 6/28/07 1:10:00AM

I think this makes pefrect sense...atleast if their goal is to not sell any figures this time around....

Well Gina is supposed to be in the same set..so I guess she will make up for his lack of sales...all you pervos will be picking that one up.

backalley101 » Posted 7/19/07 10:22:00PM

Lets say they made two thousand of Mcdonalds and 250,000 of GSP i dont know the numbers of marketing, I'm just trying to make a point. The lesser made ones will be worth more than the ones that were mass produced in the long run.

Drudinh » Posted 12/17/07 6:19:00PM

Posted by Mayhem13

I think this makes pefrect sense...atleast if their goal is to not sell any figures this time around....

Well Gina is supposed to be in the same set..so I guess she will make up for his lack of sales...all you pervos will be picking that one up.

I'd want a life size one uknow to roll around with

Drudinh » Posted 12/17/07 6:19:00PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

gsp? why not the new #1 T.V. show in canada the queef sisters they would make great figures

lol

Cuz they are not funny... Seriously that is sick. Gotta get Terrance and Phillip back. hahahahha

[View Full Version of this Page]