MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Lyoto bets on Silva against Thales or Fedor, and helps train Satoshi Ishii   [View Full Version]
Wolfenstein » Posted 12/13/07 3:31:00AM

“Anderson normally weights 98kg, If Fedor fights him weighting 100kg, I believe Silva would win. Besides being very tactical, Anderson is a way superior technically and I truly believe He has good tolls to put Fedor in trouble”, said the Dragon from Brazilian Amazon. Lyoto also talked about the Olympic Judo champion, Ishii, who is training with him for almost 2 months. “He weights around 105kg and learns really fast. He improved a lot his striking since he arrived. Ishii is helping me a lot with my grappling game as well. Soon He will be ready to make his MMA debut and I believe He will do a great job”

link

StPierreCanada » Posted 10/8/07 4:27:00PM

I doubt Anderson would beat Fedor. Both are #1 tied with GSP for P4P. But I think Fedor would take Anderson.

Darnok » Posted 9/10/07 6:37:00PM

Wow it is hard to believe that Silva's walking around weight is 216lbs. That means he drops 30lbs for a fight.

wapttn » Posted 6/27/07 11:03:00PM

Anderson wouldn't be able to stop fedor from taking him down, anderson wouldn't sub him, and even if anderson managed to last 5 rounds, his face would never be the same

CwB » Posted 2/27/07 2:05:00PM

Posted by wapttn

Anderson wouldn't be able to stop fedor from taking him down, anderson wouldn't sub him, and even if anderson managed to last 5 rounds, his face would never be the same

That is a lot of weight to cut but you notice his size advantage every time he fights

The_Italian_Stallion » Posted 5/13/08 4:43:00PM

Posted by Darnok

Wow it is hard to believe that Silva's walking around weight is 216lbs. That means he drops 30lbs for a fight.

When he fought Irvin they said he was walking at 235! Which means he cut 50 to get back to MW!

tomp6581 » Posted 1/29/07 10:53:00AM

Posted by The_Italian_Stallion

Posted by Darnok

When he fought Irvin they said he was walking at 235! Which means he cut 50 to get back to MW!

Which basically stenghtens the argument why Fedor is number 1 P4P.

He is the same weight as Anderson (no where near as lean I might add) yet dominted the MMA HW division for 6 years. Would Anderson be undefeated if he had fought as a HW throughout his career?

If they did ever fight. Fedor would get Anderson to the ground like Hendeson and Lutter did, but he would keep him there and GNP him. Fedor would not be caught in a submission by Anderson.

[View Full Version of this Page]