MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Kevin Randleman Hopitalized!   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
brownpimp88 » Posted 1/13/07 11:26:00AM

Kevin Randleman Hospitalized! - Article by: Bal K.

Things just seem to keep going down hill for Kevin "The Monster" Randleman. Internet forums were on fire today, with rumors of "The Monster" being hospitalized. Sadly for Randleman, these rumors turned out to be true.

Randleman's training partner and friend Wes Sims was able to verify that Randleman is infact in the hospital. "He's in the hospital, but I haven't even been able to talk to him yet." Sims did verify that it was a severe problem with his kidneys including some degree of failure. The degree of severity of this injury is still unknown.

Ken Pishna, of MMAWeekly, did some research on Kidney failures and and according toWebMD.com, "....the kidneys have an amazing capacity to heal themselves. This means most patients who survive acute kidney failure can enjoy a complete recovery within one to two months. Some patients, however, need a year or so before their kidneys are fully functional again. Others, whose kidneys have been severely damaged, may go on to chronic kidney failure."

The former UFC Heavyweight Champion's career has been a course for the worst as of late. With his most recent loss coming thanks to Pride Middleweight Grand Prix Champion, Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, Randleman's record has been pushed to a lackluster 16-12. Randleman has been looked highly upon for having an endless amount of potential, however he has not lived up to the hype. He has had five straight losses in Pride, with his last win in Pride being what many consider a "lucky punch" knockout over Open Weight Grand Prix Winner Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic. "Cro Cop" soon avenged that loss with a 0:41 second submission victory. His total Pride record has been 4-7. A younger Randleman had an average career in the UFC, going 4-3 over a two year span.

We wish Kevin all the best in recovery and hope he can make a speedy return to the MMA world!

Omega » Posted 1/14/07 2:15:00PM

Not meant to be disrespectful: Possible steroid abuse?

Harshaw27 » Posted 1/15/07 1:30:00PM

He did have some "issues" with his urine sample, supplied after prides show in vegas.

RedScorpion » Posted 1/25/07 5:16:00AM

hold on Monster! Kevin was always very explosive and unpredictable( against Cro Cop and Fedor for example) i hope he'll be alright.

madmarck » Posted 1/24/07 5:55:00PM

Even if you arent his biggest fan you gotta say that Kidney failure does suck. From what i hear it is pretty painful.

Ebeneezer » Posted 1/25/07 8:25:00AM

Posted by Omega

Possible steroid abuse?

From a HammerHouse fighter?!

Surely not!

allevil86 » Posted 1/24/07 5:28:00PM

No disrespect to kevin he is an amazing athlete but when you use certain substances it does take a toll on you kidneys.

DoTheMMAth » Posted 12/26/06 1:28:00PM

Posted by RedScorpion

hold on Monster! Kevin was always very explosive and unpredictable( against Cro Cop and Fedor for example) i hope he'll be alright.

That's what made me never want to miss one of his fights... if/when the Monster Randleman comes out you know there's going to be fireworks.

--Hinch-- » Posted 1/25/07 5:04:00AM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Posted by RedScorpion

That's what made me never want to miss one of his fights... if/when the Monster Randleman comes out you know there's going to be fireworks.

It's a pity you always knew an inevitable submission was somewhere in the equation.

Always a fan though, and I wish him well.

normal » Posted 1/25/07 10:57:00AM

Randleman has been very unlucky the past years. A lot of setbacks and losses. I wish him - of course - the best.

nignog » Posted 1/25/07 6:58:00PM

all the best to Kevin,my prayers goes to his family. Hope everything is fine.

amik » Posted 1/25/07 8:48:00AM

SuplexMan injured┬┐??┬┐?

I hope that it does not have anything bad and it can return soon to Ring.

Long Live to SuplexMan

strikefirstgear » Posted 1/15/07 1:29:00PM

Lets hope for a complete recovery and Randleman back in doing what he loves. Best wishes.

nate22 » Posted 1/15/07 8:21:00AM

I hope kevin's ok and recovers pretty soon, I won't be suprised if we see him back in no time in the ring, or hopefully in the cage

tffdwg38 » Posted 1/24/07 3:09:00PM

randleman is a beast he'll be back

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]