MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Do you think monson should come back to the UFC?
Forum Opinion Poll
Yes 45 65%
No 14 20%
I thought Big Tim beat this guy!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10 14%

Jeff 'The Snowman" Monson....back in the UFC??????   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2 3
bls1919 » Posted 6/25/07 1:09:00AM

After a decisive victory over top russian HW Sergei Kharitonov at Dream 8, what is Monsons next move? With an 8-2 recoed in his last ten fights, losing only to Pedro Rizzo and Josh Barnett. Doesn't the Snowman deserve a shot back in the UFC. He could present a lot of good match ups, Velasquez, HH, Kongo, Hardonk, Dos Santos, Carwin. I think Jeff despite all his problems of late is a great fighter and deserved of being in the UFC. What do you all think??????

Franklinfan47 » Posted 5/20/07 4:03:00PM

I would personally like to see him back. I may be biased because I'm a fan, but he's beaten some pretty good competition since leaving and could add an interesting dynamic to the ufc's hw division.

C02 » Posted 3/29/09 8:08:00PM

Yes, I was shocked after he beat Sergei. I hope they bring him back and add more depth to their HW division.

breakdown5 » Posted 1/15/07 7:35:00PM

I'd like to see him back in the UFC. I'm a fan and didn't think that he was gonna beat Kharitinov, but I'm glad he did.

chickmagnet » Posted 7/5/07 2:53:00PM

Bring him back. Why Not? The UFC needs some depth in the HW Division right now.

bls1919 » Posted 6/25/07 1:09:00AM

Sweet you guys seem to be on the Snowman coming back, I love it

papercut » Posted 3/3/07 4:18:00PM

seeing as he's only lost to rizzo and barnett I sy yes, bring him back.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Posted by chickmagnet

Bring him back. Why Not? The UFC needs some depth in the HW Division right now.

Yeppp

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

i would like to see him come back to the ufc

ncordless » Posted 4/8/07 11:09:00PM

I don't think Monson would beat the top few guys, but he is definitely better than most of the HWs in the UFC. I think there could be a place for him as a gatekeeper. Not sure if it will happen though as Monson is kind of a loose cannon and has been public in the past about his pro-steroid stance.

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

Posted by ncordless

I don't think Monson would beat the top few guys, but he is definitely better than most of the HWs in the UFC. I think there could be a place for him as a gatekeeper. Not sure if it will happen though as Monson is kind of a loose cannon and has been public in the past about his pro-steroid stance.

Really? I haven't heard anything about this. Please PM me some info.

ncordless » Posted 4/8/07 11:09:00PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by ncordless

Really? I haven't heard anything about this. Please PM me some info.

I will try to find some... I am sure I have heard him espouse steroids before. Check some old sherdog radio archives for interviews with Monson. I might have heard it there.

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

Will do.

Ben99901 » Posted 2/3/09 9:52:00AM

Id like to see the snowman back, War north-south-choke
Although he may go to prison,

Big tym says , hes the oldest hes been, in his life, right now.

babytater03 » Posted 8/28/07 10:32:00AM

Posted by ncordless

I don't think Monson would beat the top few guys, but he is definitely better than most of the HWs in the UFC. ....

And that right there is why he should be brought back. He provides a clear contender and hard fight for anyone in the UFC and he's an interesting match up for many of the mid-upper echelon fighters (i use that loosely) in the UFC.

I'm sorry but the Snowman would have worn gold if Timmah didn't avoid him at every chance for 5 rounds.

Pages: [1] 2 3

[View Full Version of this Page]