MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC Fight Night 18 weigh-ins: live and official results   [View Full Version]
Wolfenstein » Posted 12/13/07 3:31:00AM

All fighters made weight except for Gleison Tibau and Jeremy Stephens which will be at a catchweight of 158lbs. Neither Steinbeiss nor Jensen weighed in.

link

Bowen50 » Posted 6/21/07 12:42:00PM

can't really blame Tibau. he's a huge 155er and he's coming in on short notice and only missed by half a pound. Stephens on the other hand must be injured or something. makes it even easier for me to pick a winner in that fight.

Wolfenstein » Posted 12/13/07 3:31:00AM

Gspfan made a pretty good point in a seperate thread...Tibau should have made the weight and taken of his shorts, thus forcing Stephens to lose a couple more pounds, and maybe even come away with some extra cash.

Bowen50 » Posted 6/21/07 12:42:00PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Gspfan made a pretty good point in a seperate thread...Tibau should have made the weight and taken of his shorts, thus forcing Stephens to lose a couple more pounds, and maybe even come away with some extra cash.

yeah thats actually a really good point.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

for a grand i'll go bare ass in front of every one to just to make weight

anyways with thie catch weight my pick got a whole lot easier for that fight

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

Hell, I'll go bare assed in front of everyone for 5 bucks if it means my opponent has to cut weight that will make my fight all the easier

Khaos » Posted 6/27/07 8:20:00PM

Before the weight-ins I didn't realize how many MW fights there are, WOW.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

I didnt realize so many people were really on the fence with that fight.

tmas » Posted 6/15/07 2:09:00AM

expect a lot of MW to get cut soon, with some new mw TUF's coming and the div starting to look good at the top those lower lvl fighters will be gone for new talent and to solidify the div.

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

i think the biggest news is that a bout was cut from the card, sure it wasnt between a couple of big name guys, but its still pretty major when that happens.

xAcidburNx » Posted 7/8/07 10:05:00AM

I would be so pissed off if i trained for months and needed the cash oviousely and then to have them cancel my fight because i take medication for my adhd. i think this is completely unexcusable for an athletic commision to do. they are pretty much forcing him to make a choice whether to work and make money or go around all crazy like because of a mental disability. If my brother didnt take his meds i dont think hed get anything done. one minute hed be workin on something and all it takes is the most miniscule of things to make him change his focus and off he goes. SHANANIGANS!

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Don't forget...Adderall *can* be used and *is* used as a recreational drug, too. He disclosed that he used it. He never disclosed why.

It's prescribed but that doesn't mean it *was* prescribed.

Let's wait until we get some more info before we judge.

Styles » Posted 9/13/07 6:01:00PM

Man, I gotta stay with Stephens on this fight, but I am really tempted to just take Tibau.... Anyone know what the deal is with that?

[View Full Version of this Page]